Draft Grades in National Championship Game

TFBillsfan

8 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Bama's freshman quarterback comes in unexpectedly in the national championship game, with little game experience, and coolly scans the field, finding receivers for critical touchdowns on look away passes.  We have a quarterback with years of NFL and college experience who can never execute like that.  Anyone still into Taylor as a franchise QB for the Bills?  Seriously!

I had that exact conversation with my son last night.

didn't watch it but man that was pretty gutsy to pull your star QB at halftime of the CHAMPIONSHIP GAME to put in a freshman with little to no experience.  although not many backup QB's are the #1 prospect in the country coming out of high school.  but still, pretty ballsy to do it in that situation with your season on the line.  that could have gone very badly and then people would have gone nuts on Saban.  lucky for him it worked out and they have a star in the making

it's funny, the reason i didn't watch it was because i knew what type of game it would be by 2 rushing teams with good defenses.  aka a BORING game.  funny that they flipped the script on me and it turned into a passing attack in the 2nd half with an exciting young player leading the team.  if advertised as such that's a game i would watch

14 hours ago, matter2003 said:

That rookie QB for Bama is gonna be a good one...true freshman reading the coverage, looking off the safety and throwing a dime to the area vacated to win the game...

Yeah, that kid would be an upgrade for us.

When is the last time you saw Tyrod quickly read a defense, look off a safety, and lead the receiver with the throw, on the same play ?

6 hours ago, horned dogs said:

Sony Michel=Alvin Kamara

Why was he on the bench, and not given the ball during the last few drives!

I see Ricky Watters (who I LOVE) when I see Michel.  

I'll be a bit upset if we don't get him.  He can thrive in Buffalo, especially learning from Shady.

• Like (+1) 1