"..WHAT'S SO FUNNY BIG CAT?.."

djh

How can you not like the guy...............................

"So I didn't expect much from Losman. Thirty-six minutes later, however, I couldn't recall a better public presentation by a Buffalo Bill. Losman's ability to convey his story and connect with the kids was unrivaled --- better than Doug Flutie, Drew Bledsoe, and Jim Kelly.

He was even bold enough to stop his talk and chide a kid who was apparently laughing in front of him. That was truly a rare occurrence because, after all, the pro sports public relations manual says that when an athlete speaks in public, he should do just about anything to avoid even the possibility of offending someone. Losman evidently missed that page.

"What's so funny, big cat?" he asked the student, who might have just wet his pants. "I just want to know, what's so funny? Things like that, it's kind of rude. I'm up here. I'm kind of nervous myself. It's a chance, an opportunity to get inside of you guys. And somebody's laughing. It's disrespectful. I don't appreciate it... Now I don't mean to call anybody out like that, but this is real life. People call each other out. It's OK. You know, you live and learn. You forgive."

http://www.rochester-citynews.com/gbase/Gy...?oid=oid%3A3340

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"So I didn't expect much from Losman. Thirty-six minutes later, however, I couldn't recall a better public presentation by a Buffalo Bill. Losman's ability to convey his story and connect with the kids was unrivaled --- better than Doug Flutie, Drew Bledsoe, and Jim Kelly.

He was even bold enough to stop his talk and chide a kid who was apparently laughing in front of him. That was truly a rare occurrence because, after all, the pro sports public relations manual says that when an athlete speaks in public, he should do just about anything to avoid even the possibility of offending someone. Losman evidently missed that page.

"What's so funny, big cat?" he asked the student, who might have just wet his pants. "I just want to know, what's so funny? Things like that, it's kind of rude. I'm up here. I'm kind of nervous myself. It's a chance, an opportunity to get inside of you guys. And somebody's laughing. It's disrespectful. I don't appreciate it... Now I don't mean to call anybody out like that, but this is real life. People call each other out. It's OK. You know, you live and learn. You forgive."

268103[/snapback]

Ok, Now I GOTTA get a Losman jersey... I love that he called him big cat... :(

Any chance you have a LINK?

sometimes, and I don't mean all the time that's for sure....

A person turns one of life's negatives into a positive.

For example, LYNN Swann became a tough, football player after being teased as a child about his first name.

ROSIE Greer (ditto)

JP - has an effiminate quality - certainly not something that would be helpful to him with a bunch of atheletes where attitude (appearance!) often plays a role in performance.

JP may be one of those who always has to prove himself to new people who make the wrong assumption based on his looks/voice/ and demeanor.

We may have the real deal folks in this "kid" (MAN)

To say the least, this episode gave me a sliver more hope. On the field will be (and should be) the true measure. My prediction at this point, is that JP CAN be measuredRIGHT NOW by what he has done on the field (yes, college) so far and not by what he looks like on ESPN . I think the ESPN naysayers will be singing a new tune ....and soon. ELI - eat JP's dust.

Go Bills!!

-RichNJoisy

CNJBBB - Home of "Bills Central" The place to be for wings outside of WNY (drop by and see us when you are in the neighborhood!)

http://www.rochester-citynews.com/gbase/Gy...?oid=oid%3A3340

268103[/snapback]

OMG, that is beyond awesome. Gotta like the guy.

BTW, I think JP just gave himself a cool nickname - Big Cat (even if it means missing the point of the story somewhat).

OMG, that is beyond awesome.  Gotta like the guy.

BTW, I think JP just gave himself a cool nickname - Big Cat (even if it means missing the point of the story somewhat).

268217[/snapback]

AGREE........JP IS NOW "BIG CAT" (the "kid" is weak)

sometimes, and I don't mean all the time that's for sure....

A person turns one of life's negatives into a positive.

For example, LYNN Swann became a tough, football player after being teased as a child about his first name.

ROSIE Greer (ditto)

JP - has an effiminate quality - certainly not something that would be helpful to him with a bunch of atheletes where attitude (appearance!) often plays a role in performance.

JP may be one of those who always has to prove himself to new people who make the wrong assumption based on his looks/voice/ and demeanor.

We may have the real deal folks in this "kid" (MAN)

To say the least, this episode gave me a sliver more hope. On the field will be (and should be) the true measure. My prediction at this point, is that JP CAN be measuredRIGHT NOW by what he has done on the field (yes, college) so far and not by what he looks like on ESPN . I think the ESPN naysayers will be singing a new tune ....and soon. ELI - eat JP's dust.

Go Bills!!

-RichNJoisy

CNJBBB - Home of "Bills Central" The place to be for wings outside of WNY (drop by and see us when you are in the neighborhood!)

268198[/snapback]

Good, interesting post, Richn...though I will add that if JP performs well on the field, we won't care if he teaches a class at St. John Fisher on the finer points of being effeminate.

The kid probably pushed a shopping cart behind JPs car after it was over...

268154[/snapback]

holy sh-- that was funny.

my coworkers are thinking.. "i thaught he was working on that report.. he must be slacking off".. but i dont care.

that made me laugh out loud. :(

For what it's worth ... I'm told Losman thinks he's black in the way he talks and acts. I honestly wish he would just not talk until he finishes puberty.

268216[/snapback]

its not worth anything -

who "told" you what Losman thinks? How do they know? Or, is the above statement based upon your perception of "blackness?" If so you may need some introspection.