Sessions — you idiot

9 hours ago, row_33 said:

the only people giving thoughtful and heartfelt speeches in Congress, such as they are,  are Maxine Waters and her crew.

that's what happened.

Maxine Waters, are you serious?  MaWa couldn't put two cogent thoughts together w/o assistance from Hill'ry or Nancy P to save her skin.

14 hours ago, Keukasmallie said:

Maxine Waters, are you serious?  MaWa couldn't put two cogent thoughts together w/o assistance from Hill'ry or Nancy P to save her skin.

Maxine gives a heartfelt and serious speech everywhere she goes.

I never said it made any sense.

You are missing the big picture there, sport..... think a little bit before you rant away....

18 hours ago, GG said:

It would be helpful if you could explain the process of how DEA can reclassify drugs on their own.

Its like this — they can just change it. There’s absolutely no science or legitimate process to to that crap show. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Its like this — they can just change it. There’s absolutely no science or legitimate process to to that crap show. 

No, they cannot just change it.  Explain the legal  process. 

10 minutes ago, GG said:

No, they cannot just change it.  Explain the legal  process. 

Is something not working on your Google machine?

For your reading enjoyment: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Removal_of_cannabis_from_Schedule_I_of_the_Controlled_Substances_Act

I’ve noticed this message board is really petty with “sourcing.” 

I work more than full-time. I’m not taking time out of my day to source something for somebody to win a message board argument?

I’m a small business owner — I got stuff to tend to. 

24 minutes ago, GG said:

How about providing a link to the statute itself?

This is the petty crap I’m talking about. Look it up your own self or does Google not work on your phone/computer?

Why dont you click on the link I provided and go through their references on your own time? You’re not entitled to my time, and I won’t reasearch everything for you. My time is valuable. 

Also, I’m far from a legal expert but the law itself probably won’t detail how to reschedule narcotics; it’ll just give authority to who can which to the best of my knowledge is the DEA, and HHS. 

Just now, The_Dude said:

This is the petty crap I’m talking about. Look it up your own self or does Google not work on your phone/computer?

Why dont you click on the link I provided and go through their references on your own time? You’re not entitled to my time, and I won’t reasearch everything for you. My time is valuable. 

Also, I’m far from a legal expert but the law itself probably won’t detail how to reschedule narcotics; it’ll just give authority to who can which to the best of my knowledge is the DEA, and HHS. 

Thanks not how this forum works.  If you claim a point, it's up to you to prove the point.   We're not your fact checkers and we do not do your homework.

So far, your rebuttals have consisted of providing two Wiki links and zero elaboration on exactly how the executive can reclassify pot with a stroke of a pen.  If anything, your links undermine your point, since the petitions to DEA to reclassify pot began in 1972 (over 9 separate Executives of all different stripes), and yet here we are still at Category 1.    So that in itself indicates that reclassification is more involved than a change on a sheet of paper, doesn't it?

5 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I have looked it up, days ago.  I know what it says.  And you're still wrong.

3 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

GG is a moron. He will try and get you to waste time and frustrate you. 

1 minute ago, GG said:

If anything, your links undermine your point, since the petitions to DEA to reclassify pot began in 1972 (over 9 separate Executives of all different stripes), and yet here we are still at Category 1.    So that in itself indicates that reclassification is more involved than a change on a sheet of paper, doesn't it?

So you think that because Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, and Obama didn’t reclassify that disproves my point? You’re on another level. 

Just now, DC Tom said:

Then demonstrate it.  

I got work to do, Tom. Some of us do work for a living. 

Cannabis could be rescheduled either legislatively, through Congress, or through the executive branch. Congress has so far rejected all bills to reschedule cannabis. However, it is not unheard of for Congress to intervene in the drug scheduling process; in February 2000, for instance, the 105th Congress, in its second official session, passed Public Law 106-172, also known as the Hillory J. Farias and Samantha Reed Date-Rape Drug Prohibition Act of 2000,[21] adding GHB to Schedule I.[22] On June 23, 2011, Rep. Barney Frank and Rep. Ron Paulintroduced H.R. 2306,[23] legislation that would completely remove cannabis from the federal schedules, limiting the federal government's role to policing cross-border or interstate transfers into states where it remains illegal.

The Controlled Substances Act also provides for a rulemaking process by which the United States Attorney General can reschedule cannabis administratively. These proceedings represent the only means of legalizing medical cannabis without an act of Congress. Rescheduling supporters have often cited the lengthy petition review process as a reason why cannabis is still illegal.[9] The first petition took 22 years to review, the second took 7 years, the third was denied 9 years later. A 2013 petition by two state governors is still pending.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

So you think that because Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, and Obama didn’t reclassify that disproves my point? You’re on another level. 

Yes it does, especially since Obama elected to go down a far more unconstitutional road than simply demanding that his DEA reclassify the drug.

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Given that Holder decided to use prosecutorial discretion rather than any sort of reclassification process available to him...yes, it does.  

But not as much as the fact that the 1970 CSA has been amended by Congress several times (about eight, as I recall) to add, remove, and reclassify substances.  This might be the longest that Congress has gone without amending it, in fact.