cage

Doug Marrone w/ Jacksonville Jaguars

Mike Mularkey w/ Tennessee Titans

Wade Phillips DC w/ LA Rams

Jerry Gray DB coach w/ Minnesota Vikings

Perry Fewell DB coach w/ Jacksonville Jaguars

wow!

Edited by cage

Marrone pulled the plug bc Pegs wouldn't commit to him contractually .  Made all kinds of sense to me.   And he was right; Pegs was going to get his own guy, so Marrone did the right thing.   He saw owner transition coming and his agent allowed for it in his contract.  He played the bad situation (owner transition) very well.   

6 minutes ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

Marrone pulled the plug bc Pegs wouldn't commit to him contractually .  Made all kinds of sense to me.   And he was right; Pegs was going to get his own guy, so Marrone did the right thing.   He saw owner transition coming and his agent allowed for it in his contract.  He played the bad situation (owner transition) very well.   

As much as we like to paint Marrone as a villain, I have to agree with you. 

He probably met with Pegula and let that meeting knowing he was on his way out. It would be nice to hear Marrones side of the story. 

19 minutes ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

...Pegula DID offer Marrone a four year, $19.6 mil extension.....Marrone pushed the envelope by asking that his coaching staff be extended as well and TP said no.......at the same time, Brandon & Whaley had turned on Marrone, hating his militaristic style and wanting them included in every meeting....so when the two Top Dawgs turn on you and your staff may be carved up, take the $4 mil golden parachute and run.............

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...the ageless wonder, now 70......and another defensive mastermind, Dick Lebeau is with Titans at age 80.................

Dick Lebeau also spent a stint in Buffalo I believe...

Yup ... Mularky's asst. head coach

Though not maligned these former coordinators deserve recognition for their achievements, except the last one he just gets a thanks. 

Nathaniel Hackett  the offensive coordinator for the Jacksonville Jaguars

George Edwards the defensive coordinator for the Minnesota Vikings 

Jim Schwartz  the defensive coordinator of the Philadelphia Eagles 

Greg Roman currently the senior offensive assistant and tight ends coach for the Baltimore Ravens

13 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...yes he did (one year) and then went back to Pittsburgh.....we let two preeminent defensive masterminds slip away in Wade and Lebeau...........

and don't forget Schwartz/   Where we have struggled is getting a good OC in the past 17 years..

10 minutes ago, ganesh said:

and don't forget Schwartz/   Where we have struggled is getting a good OC in the past 17 years..

....good point.....Schwartz changed his scheme to fit the personnel he had to work with, a sign of a good coach....excellent DC but not so sure about HC material although he is being touted as the Giants favorite HC choice..

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....good point.....Schwartz changed his scheme to fit the personnel he had to work with, a sign of a good coach....excellent DC but not so sure about HC material although he is being touted as the Giants favorite HC choice..

I hope he gets that gig. I wanted him to be our HC very badly. Thought he was better than Marrone and Rex.