An Offseason That Takes Us To The Next Level

H2o

32 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I really don't think that Rodger's contract will affect Cousins.  I believe the market is changing.

We shall see.

I was talking retrospectively. People will flip out about any contract he gets, but the deal Rodgers will get after will make it look like a steal in comparison. 

A lot of thought put into the OP.  Thanks.  Personally, if it played out so that it was possible, I'd rather draft Mayfield and Roquan Smith in the first.  Not sure what OTs are likely to be available in free agency, but if you don't sign Cousins, there ought to be enough to shore up OL and DL with a combination of draft and FA.

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

A lot of thought put into the OP.  Thanks.  Personally, if it played out so that it was possible, I'd rather draft Mayfield and Roquan Smith in the first.  Not sure what OTs are likely to be available in free agency, but if you don't sign Cousins, there ought to be enough to shore up OL and DL with a combination of draft and FA.

I would take that as well. If we don't sign Cousins then I WANT Mayfield starting for the Bills in 2018. We would likely have to move up to get him though, costing us our second 1st and then some. I hope he drops due to his height or whatever, but there's no denying the talent. If he dropped to us and we kept our other 1st then I certainly believe Smith is long gone by the time our Chiefs pick rolls around. At that point I would hope for Scales. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Virgil said:

I was talking retrospectively. People will flip out about any contract he gets, but the deal Rodgers will get after will make it look like a steal in comparison. 

Paying Cousins all that money will never look like a steal when you realize he's Cousins, not Rodgers.  Paying Rodgers what he is worth never makes overpaying a guy like Cousins look like a steal.