[Please Change Title]Zay Jones

chef4131

7 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Exactly. Ergo, the statement I've made 100000 times here:

Sammy watkins was like $10000 rims on an 85 Taurus.

I don't completely disagree.  But even though you laugh at it, Sammy opens up everything else in the offense. He was the one receiver Tyrod was effective throwing to and just him as a deep threat would open up running lanes for McCoy.  No one respects Jordan Matthews on defense.

i also would have felt much better about Sammy catching that pass than Zay and that one game could be the difference in making the playoffs in a hot garbage AFC.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don't completely disagree.  But even though you laugh at it, Sammy opens up everything else in the offense. He was the one receiver Tyrod was effective throwing to and just him as a deep threat would open up running lanes for McCoy.  No one respects Jordan Matthews on defense.

i also would have felt much better about Sammy catching that pass than Zay and that one game could be the difference in making the playoffs in a hot garbage AFC.

I'm of the belief that absolutely NOTHING else matters in the NFL if you don't have a QB, and a pocket QB at that.

there's nothing wrong with SOME mobility, but when it's your only real asset, that's a problem.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Dread321 said:

I'm sorry but I've been saying Zay was a bust since week 2. I was hoping he'd prove me wrong, but we really should have taken Juju. Zay Jones is Hardy 2.0. 

I love how fans are so football smart they can look at a player in his rookie season and know if he is a bust. The majority of WRs and RB's do not have a great rookie year. How are Corey Davis and Mike Williams doing this season. Both of those players have better QB's than the Bills. 

7 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Or, you could say look at Goodwin when he managed to stay healthy and devote himself to football instead of track in the off season. Either way.

my wife is a 49ers fan so I have watched the games. Hoyer and Garoppollo are way more accurate than Taylor. Goodwin is having a good season but it could be better because he has dropped balls that hit him in the chest. 

11 hours ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Lets get a little perspective here. Zay has dropped balls he should have caught but there were a ton of passes thrown his way that would have been highlight catches if he was able to pull the ball in. Other throws were not even worth trying for. This website shows that only 63% of the passes thrown Jone's way were catchable. https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/zay-jones/. You can put in random WR's names and see just about all of them are 70% or higher. Watching Taylor throw the ball at Olearys feet on 4th down is all I need to see of Taylor.  

63%?   Holy **** 

I have not given up totally on Zay yet. I would not call him a bust yet, but he had better be a much better player in next year's preseason, or he could be a late cut. He has a horrible target/catch ratio and has shown horrible hands. I admit I was a Krupp supporter in the draft, and he has not exactly lit up the league either his first season. Zay was definitely not worth the extra draft pick Buffalo spent on him, but bad drafting is a Buffalo tradition, and that is not his fault.