IMO Why the Pats get the Calls

JinxedBill1

1 hour ago, Jigsaw2112 said:

Enjoy the ride while it lasts, Pats fans.  Eventually Brady will retire, as will Bill the genius.  Then you'll be back in the land of the mortals, and some other team will take your place. 

Bahahahahahahaha. Get real, kiddo. No team will EVER have the sustained success that the PATRIOTS have had since 2001. Never ever. Just like no team will EVER lose 4 straight Super Bowls again. ?

I believe it started with the  "Just give it to them game"  which they got a phantom P.I.  call on the ensuing play and won the game from the one yard line. every since they have been devoid of holding calls in the first three quarters of games. They will get a penalty or two when the game is in hand. yesterdays game was emblematic of the calls favoring N.E. .On the Running play that Thompson was called for holding , the official knew that Buffalo was going for a big play. He has to stop the momentum, so he throws a flag. Even Romo said it was a chicken sheet call and Shady was already by the spot of the "hold".When Hyde was called for holding Cook the official should have to report for an eye examination. Cook had his arms encircling Hyde. It was a typical N.E. win, call the penalties on the opponents in the first three quarters when in is a momentum stifler and when you get enough points , then you may get one or two called on the Patriots to satisfy the "evenness" of officiating. If, the Pats. are in a close game the opposing team doesn't stand a chance. The officials suddenly can't seem to spot the ball where a N.E. runner or receiver landed. always gets what they need for a first down.When they can't win any other way there is always the replay official. It isn't just Buffalo, the whole country knows  and detests the Cheatriots.

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I just think the NFL should make every questionable call in favor of the exciting play. They're trying to make the games more interesting, but taking away a last second TD when there is NO clear evidence has the opposite effect. It's so weird to me, everyone loses when they overturn something like that. More bad publicity. If they favored the scoring play on every questionable call would anyone hate that?

That's interesting to me, because it's seemed clear for a couple of years now that if the ball carrier is tackled or goes out of bounds where he's in range of the sticks and where the spot is tough to be precise on, they spot so there's a first down.   Over and over they do it.  I'm sure that they've been told to spot in favor of giving the first down, and I'd suspect it's for the same reason you say they should rule in favor of the big play.   

7 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

But ratings have been declining for years.

Yes, and they're doing everything they can to prop them up.   

Don't kid yourself - they do a lot of polling, and they know why people are watching or not watching.   If whacking the Pats would be good for ratings, you'd see them whacking the Pats.   

There's a reason Gronk got a only a one-game suspension, and I'd bet the reason is that their polling tells them more people watch when the Pats are winning, and probably also that more people watch when Gronk is playing.   The NFL didn't want him off the field.