Why " thank you for your service" is a bull **** slogan....

15 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

The choice evened out financial wise. Id do it again for the financial.security...

So im not mad at the decision but bitter at my naive mindset at 18 and how the govt and recruiters take advantage...

Thank christ i didnt join the army or marines.

I also dont assume ppl have the same experience i had. Not sure why u infer tht.

Im.also not a victim because i was wise to take advantage of the military benefits. 

Actually what the hell are you even talking about lol

I think youre upset because a veteran looks at all your nationalism as exactly what it is, bull **** to serve elite private property interests.

U got played son

All i did was use them back

Sorry not sry

Youre bad at this. 

34 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

I also dont assume ppl have the same experience i had. Not sure why u infer tht.

Because you said it:

On December 23, 2017 at 2:38 PM, westerndecline said:

1. Most ppl in the military never see combat

2. Most ppl in the military dont give a **** about us govt politics

3. If u pay taxes u have contributed just as much as someone in the military

4. We all know this is a ubiquitous slogan ppl say but don't reall mean or even understand why they say it. Kinda like " support the troops"

5. There are just as many lazy **** bags in the military as in any other institution, in fact it could be more. These aren't the brightest, non-conformist, ground-breaking types folks... They are average just like everyone else... 

"Its all bs folks"- george carlin

You're really bad at this, asshat. 

5 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

If im lying challenge me lol

Fake trolls using new accounts aren't a challenge. They're navel lint. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So, you're angry at a poor choice you willingly made and now are convinced that everyone else who serves or served had exactly the same experiences and regrets as you do ... And you put the blame for all of this on someone else. 

A victim's mentality with a strong case of narcissism. 

Try harder, Gator/Tibs/Birdbrain

He was such a victim he stayed in for 20 or more years.

• Haha (+1) 1

What's that old axiom?

You get out of something what you put in?

I put in a real lot and I got a real lot out, and in my experience, most people I served with who were remotely talented would say the same.

Had more fun than I ever thought possible.

Made life-long friends.

Acquired a skill that led to a career that paid handsomely and allowed me to retire quite comfortably, and early. 

Met my wife, a Navy nurse corps officer.

Had far more responsibility at an earlier age than is possible in the civilian world.

Best decision I ever made, both personally and professionally.

Frankly, you sound like a parasite, and your comment about thanking God you didn't join the Army or Marines.....Those services were the true beneficiaries of that decision.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, westerndecline said:

Idk as i get older i like realness and authentic ppl more

I thought the phrase was another bs thing in our current culture

Or " zeitgeist" if you're Kimberly guilfoyle or takeyoutotasker...

BS for some people. Good manners for some people. Authentic for some people. 

I personally don't like hearing people say it to me, but I see it just like me saying, "congratulations on your new baby." I really don't !@#$ing care, but I smile and pretend to care. One day I may turn into the old person that replies by telling them that babies are expensive, vagina destroying, cockblocks.

17 minutes ago, Paulus said:

BS for some people. Good manners for some people. Authentic for some people. 

I personally don't like hearing people say it to me, but I see it just like me saying, "congratulations on your new baby." I really don't !@#$ing care, but I smile and pretend to care. One day I may turn into the old person that replies by telling them that babies are expensive, vagina destroying, cockblocks.

Maybe this is over analysis

But i think the statements are different for obvious reasons...

I am worried about the jingoism and patriotic puke fest since 911

But idk maybe im just an idiot attention whore

Edited by westerndecline

7 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

Maybe this is over analysis

But i think the statements are different for obvious reasons...

I am worried about the jingoism and patriotic puke fest since 911

But idk maybe im just an idiot attention whore

Pretty accurate.  I mean, look at how many threads you have created with constant self-bumping promotion in each of those threads. I bet you change your Facebook profile at least once a month.

*Not that it bothers me, or anything. If it makes you feel some sort of self-purpose (like the 60 y/o lady thanking  servicemen for their service gettin some sort of feeling of self-purpose), and doesn't hurt anyone, why should I care?

Edited by Paulus

36 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Pretty accurate.  I mean, look at how many threads you have created with constant self-bumping promotion in each of those threads. I bet you change your Facebook profile at least once a month.

*Not that it bothers me, or anything. If it makes you feel some sort of self-purpose (like the 60 y/o lady thanking  servicemen for their service gettin some sort of feeling of self-purpose), and doesn't hurt anyone, why should I care?

Dont have fb

On 12/23/2017 at 2:38 PM, westerndecline said:

1. Most ppl in the military never see combat

2. Most ppl in the military dont give a **** about us govt politics

3. If u pay taxes u have contributed just as much as someone in the military

4. We all know this is a ubiquitous slogan ppl say but don't reall mean or even understand why they say it. Kinda like " support the troops"

5. There are just as many lazy **** bags in the military as in any other institution, in fact it could be more. These aren't the brightest, non-conformist, ground-breaking types folks... They are average just like everyone else... 

"Its all bs folks"- george carlin

Now I know why BBMB had a strict no politics policy.  I hate feeding trolls, but #5 is putrid.  These kids sign up knowing that they could eventually be deployed and face combat.  Meanwhile, my guess is all you do is watch youtube videos, post on this board, and play Call of Duty operating out of your parents' basement.    

Edited by Doc Brown

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Now I know why BBMB had a strict no politics policy.  I hate feeding trolls, but #5 is putrid.  These kids sign up knowing that they could eventually be deployed and face combat.  Meanwhile, my guess is all you do is watch youtube videos, post on this board, and play Call of Duty operating out of your parents' basement.    

Heh....

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Dumbass in my experience in the military there are actually more shitbags and pieces of s*** than there are in civilian institutions

Sorry but thts the truth

23 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

Dumbass in my experience in the military there are actually more shitbags and pieces of s*** than there are in civilian institutions

Sorry but thts the truth

You keep going back to your broad sweeping generalizations of the entire military based solely on your experience in the Coasties. 

That's called narcissism Gator/Birdbrain. 

And you got it bad. Because you're nothing but a worthless troll hoping to get a rise out of people to sate your boredom. 

You're bad at this. You've done nothing but flood multiple boards with nonsense and drivel. If you're going to try to troll, at least be original or entertaining. You've been run off so many times before, under different handles, for the same lack of originality. 

Do better. Be better, asshat. 

1 hour ago, westerndecline said:

Sorry but thts the truth

I'm not surprised that you would have experience with civilian institutions

Sorry but that's the truth.