And the clock keeps ticking for a 300 yards passing game & 4 quarters of football

Billsfan1972

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We literally just had this game plan against Miami.

Taylor put up 177 yards (passing + rushing - sacks), 2 TDs and no turnovers in the 1st half alone.  And Dennison called over 20 passing plays in the 1st half.  Taylor was on track for 35+ passing attempts.

But then we went into the 2nd half up by 3 scores...

it's a coaching thing, brah. :flirt:

47 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

That's what I'm saying.  It is mindboggling that this coaching staff doesn't see what every other team can and will do and then turns out this offensive garbage.

Vs. Miami it should have been an easy 300 yard game and 3 score win, but the offense again turtled in the second half.  

1CB60EEE-18F2-474E-ABA3-8ED6421C66ED.jpeg

On 12/21/2017 at 7:27 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

From the offense.  You would think by accident any NFL QB can throw for 300 yards in a game.  

I've posted this again and again and am just confounded, perplexed and stupefied that this team can't/won't have a game plan that has them throwing for 300 yards (heck 250 would be something) EVER!!!!!

The NFL over and over is a game that comes down to getting the ball in the endzone and being CAPABLE of throwing the ball.  

There is not a single team that can count on winning games 20-17 that has any chance for success.

Why do we have a coaching staff who refuses to recognize this?

And no it is not all TT's fault.  

TT averages like 217 yards a game, that means he is under 200 a lot. Baby steps.

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We literally just had this game plan against Miami.

Taylor put up 177 yards (passing + rushing - sacks), 2 TDs and no turnovers in the 1st half alone.  And Dennison called over 20 passing plays in the 1st half.  Taylor was on track for 35+ passing attempts.

But then we went into the 2nd half up by 3 scores...

it's a coaching thing, brah. :flirt:

Yes, always adding a QBs running stats to the equation when said QB isn't a good enough. Trying to make him look better at all costs.

Do you ever include any other QB running stats in any conversation? They all have them! 

Remember it's been said 300 passing yards really are irrelevant for a QB but lets include those oh so important rushing stats for Tyrod, nobody else just Tyrod. 

Tightens that yards gap up for Tyrod  vs other QBs. Sad!

On 12/21/2017 at 8:41 AM, Shaw66 said:

I'd like to see the Bills pass more, but this rant is a little out of bounds.   

300 yards passing is not the be all and end all.   In fact, it's usually the case that when your passing totals get up over 300 yards, you're losing.   

But there's another reason the Bills's totals are low, and that is that the defense is a bend don't break defense that has had more plays run against it than just about any other team in the league.  They give up a lot of yards.   The result is the Bills are right near the bottom of the league in time of possession.   So the offense has the ball less than just any other team in the league.

Add to that the fact (that many people don't like) that the Bills want to run (and are pretty good at it), and you get low passing totals.  Sorry, but that's the way it is.  

If the Bills were 5-9, I'd be whining along with you.  

Exactly, not to mention the bills get very when they get a lead. This team is built to run the clock.

On 12/21/2017 at 9:24 AM, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Two factors there:

1) He has a very good offensive coordinator/HC.

2) Jimmy G is the real deal. 

My posts weren't so much as "defending Taylor" as they were critiquing the OP. We all know what Taylor is and isn't. But give the Bills Jimmy G and his coach, and our offense is completely different. We would likely see some 300+ yard passing games, but we'd still need the defense to do it's part, as well as the run game, in order to win more than lose. Having that kind of QB play certainly helps tremendously, but you cannot simply point to passing yards and say that's THE REASON WHY they won. SF beat the Titans in part because of the passing on the final drive, but also because the other facet of the TEAM contributed. Their TEAM made more plays than the Titans as a TEAM. Terrible defense by the Titans on the final drive was the difference in the end.

Exactly a QB helps tremendously but will never be the only reason you win.

3 minutes ago, unclepete said:

Exactly, not to mention the bills get very when they get a lead. This team is built to run the clock.

No the coaching staff designs an offense to do this, the opposing defenses know this and while they seem capable of moving the ball in the first half, the second they often are in as I call it Prevent Offense and horrible to watch.

They are not built to run the clock and that has been shown over and over and the Bills rely on a turnover or dropped pass down the stretch to win......  KC, Atl, Indy & Miami.....

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

No the coaching staff designs an offense to do this, the opposing defenses know this and while they seem capable of moving the ball in the first half, the second they often are in as I call it Prevent Offense and horrible to watch.

They are not built to run the clock and that has been shown over and over and the Bills rely on a turnover or dropped pass down the stretch to win......  KC, Atl, Indy & Miami.....

Oh I agree. It's the Bills philosophy to "protect the lead" and not take unnecessary chances. That's why we'll see the offense open up early in games only to go super conservative late. Teams like Pittsburgh, New England and the Rams keep their feet on the gas and keep going after big plays even when they get up. Our offense becomes very predictable. And then we only pass on obvious passing downs. And when we don't convert people are surprised. 

1 hour ago, PeterGriffin said:

Yes, always adding a QBs running stats to the equation when said QB isn't a good enough. Trying to make him look better at all costs.

Do you ever include any other QB running stats in any conversation? They all have them!

Remember it's been said 300 passing yards really are irrelevant for a QB but lets include those oh so important rushing stats for Tyrod, nobody else just Tyrod. 

Tightens that yards gap up for Tyrod  vs other QBs. Sad!

How often are we talking about other QBs?

I'm a Bills fan so I talk about Bills players more often than players on other teams.

We can talk about other QBs rushing and compare, if you want.

http://pickingpros.com/nfl/quarterback-rushing-leaders.php

Regardless, let's take away those 16 rushing yards in the 1st half, then.

Taylor still threw for 161 yards and a TD in the 1st half.

The game plan was to pass and the game plan had Taylor on pace for 300+ passing yards... all through the air, none on the ground :flirt:

But again, then we went into the half up by 3 scores.

29 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

How often are we talking about other QBs?

I'm a Bills fan so I talk about Bills players more often than players on other teams.

We can talk about other QBs rushing and compare, if you want.

http://pickingpros.com/nfl/quarterback-rushing-leaders.php

Regardless, let's take away those 16 rushing yards in the 1st half, then.

Taylor still threw for 161 yards and a TD in the 1st half.

The game plan was to pass and the game plan had Taylor on pace for 300+ passing yards... all through the air, none on the ground :flirt:

But again, then we went into the half up by 3 scores.

300 yard games are hard.   

Mitch Trubisky has only done it 2x, Bortles 3x,  Tom Savage 1x, Case Keenum 2x 

• Haha (+1) 1