Picard and QT?

Deranged Rhino

I know Kirk v Picard debates have divided this board in years past, but did I miss a thread about this already? JJ Abrams and QT doing an R rated Trek with (possibly) Picard??! 

Image result for best picard gif

Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Star Trek’ Will Be R-Rated: ‘The Revenant’s Mark L. Smith Frontrunner Scribe

http://deadline.com/2017/12/quentin-tarantino-star-trek-r-rating-mark-l-smith-the-revenant-drew-pearce-lindsay-beer-jj-abrams-1202222161/

I read a short article the other day where Sir Patrick said he'd love to reprise Picard if Tarantino was directing.

I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I couldn't possibly hate it any more than I do the other new Star Trek retreads.

With QT onboard to direct they'll have to rewrite canon.  The traditional Red(Command), Blue(Science), Gold(Operations) uniform code will be replaced by black suits with a thin black tie

Set phasers to f*k you up!

Pulp-Fiction-Duo.jpg

One reason it's better to cast Picard in an R rated Trek than Kirk, an R rated Kirk movie presents the possibility of a Kirk/Uhura scene that nobody wants to see

Edited by /dev/null
  • Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

With QT onboard to direct they'll have to rewrite canon.  The traditional Red(Command), Blue(Science), Gold(Operations) uniform code will be replaced by black suits with a thin black tie

And one guy in a pink uniform who doesn't tip Whoopi Goldberg.

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, shrader said:

Sam Jackson has to be Picard, right?

The path of the righteous Starfleet Officer is beset on all sides by the inequities of the Ferengi and the tyranny of evil Cardassians.  Blessed is he, who in the name of violation of the Prime Directive, shepherds the weak through the Romulan Neutral Zone, for he is truly his Vulcan's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and phasers set to kill those who would attempt to poison and destroy my Vulcan brothers. And you will know my name is the Picard when I lay my photon torpedoes upon thee!

Edit: on reflection, I would pay to see Jean-Luc "Jules" Picard.  And Travolta as William Riker.  "You know what they call a quarter pounder with cheese on Kabatris?"

Edited by DC Tom
  • Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, shrader said:

Sam Jackson has to be Picard, right?

im looking forward to learning all slurs for the other planets

Make it so, mother!@#$er!

------------------------------------

Will there be mother!@#$ing Ferengi on the mother!@#$ing starship?

Edited by Koko78

On 12/11/2017 at 4:59 PM, /dev/null said:

it's better to cast Picard in an R rated Trek than Kirk, an R rated Kirk movie presents the possibility of a Kirk/Uhura scene that nobody wants to see

Especially Nichelle Nichols for whom Shatner forced himself on.

I am not sure how they will use Picard in a movie since they shot themselves in the foot with the reboot.  Haven't even seen "Star Trek: Beyond", even on rental from RedBox yet.