SCOTUS allows full travel ban

row_33

11 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Any link to the full text of the decision?  Can't do research right now, and hoping someone might summarize.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/courtorders/120417zr_4gd5.pdf

https://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/courtorders/120417zr1_j4ek.pdf

7-2 ruling with Darth Bader Ginsberg and the Wise Latina dissenting.  Kinda suprised Kevin James sided with the Majority

• Haha (+1) 1

Wasn't there supposed to be a 90 day review or something?  Anyways, I'm glad it went through.

Here's a clip I found funny of a joke Norm MacDonald made on his podcast making a leftist female comedian and his simpleton sidekick show the major flaw in the left's thinking when it comes to Islamic terrorist groups.  You have to watch from this point to get the whole context of the joke (which he makes at 31:55).  It of course went over both their heads.

• Haha (+1) 1

Lol at being concerned about potential anger at Muslims but not the millions that just died from a dirty bomb.

This is cognitive dissonance on level infinity lmao 31:55

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Wasn't there supposed to be a 90 day review or something?  Anyways, I'm glad it went through.

Here's a clip I found funny of a joke Norm MacDonald made on his podcast making a leftist female comedian and his simpleton sidekick show the major flaw in the left's thinking when it comes to Islamic terrorist groups.  You have to watch from this point to get the whole context of the joke (which he makes at 31:55).  It of course went over both their heads.

That's insane they don't see their own retarded flaw in reasoning

they like losing their mind

beats raising children, going to work, helping out honestly in the church and local community charities

think of all the rants we lost out on by not having the internet until the late 1990s (realistically)

14 minutes ago, Nanker said:

It should never have been prevented from going into effect. 

the opposition has the right to peacefully raise dissent on behalf of the view of the minority electoral college side

it isn't good when they are just being clowns about it and very disloyal

RON ROTUNDA ON RECUSAL: Justice Ginsburg has some explaining to do.

The Supreme Court allowed President Trump’s travel ban to go into effect this week, overturning a lower court ruling as a federal appeals court considers the issue. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dissented and did not disqualify herself from that preliminary decision. Two questions emerge: First, why not? And second, will she disqualify herself if the court takes the case?

We already know what Ginsburg thinks of the president. She told us more than a year ago that she “can’t imagine what the country would be . . . with Donald Trump as our president.” Facing criticism for her apparent endorsement of Hillary Clinton and her attacks on Trump, Ginsburg doubled down, emphasizing in a CNN interview: “He is a faker.” She then went on “point by point, as if presenting a legal brief,” the CNN analyst said.

Her statements are particularly troubling in the context of the travel ban case, in which the crucial issue — at least, according to the lower courts and the plaintiffs — is the personal credibility of Trump and whether he delivered his executive order in good faith — in other words, whether he is faking it. It’s no wonder 58 House Republicans sent Ginsburg a letter calling for her recusal because of her comments before the election.

She doesn’t care, because #Resistance. But, once again, efforts to “denormalize” Trump will instead weaken institutions people want to constrain him with.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/283010/

I never thought I'd see a few people as President either, for reasons good or bad, so that's not a disqualifying sediment...

she's a partisan hack and that role holds a lot of SCOTUS seats since Day One.

Edited by row_33