Nate Clements on punt returns

Frez

I like it because he's real smart punt returner, he's seems to understand what punt's to return, he doesn't do a whole lot of juking and east to west type of movements, i think he's very good, he almost broke one against someone in the pre, I can't remember against who

Injuries are a part of the game, and special teams plays are as important as any other play on the offensive or defensive units (maybe even more so). I'll never understand the lack of respect some pro coaches have for special teams. I say it's about time we get the best players to play on EVERY down, not just the first through thirds.

How do you guys feel about Nate playing on special teams? I think it's good and bad. Very high risk for our BEST CB. I like the idea he can take it to the house when he touches the ball.

19920[/snapback]

I don't like it at all!

If he gets hurt, we're basically screwed. I'm not knocking McGee here. We're thin as it is at corner. Other teams can play 4 WR's all day on us and light it up on us!

I absolutely hate it. Very bad idea.

I'd rather see McGee or this new kid Williams or Reed or some other less essential player. Sehorn wrecked his career by insisting on returning kickoffs. I will be crossing my fingers every time Clements returns a punt this season.

How do you guys feel about Nate playing on special teams? I think it's good and bad. Very high risk for our BEST CB. I like the idea he can take it to the house when he touches the ball.

19920[/snapback]

I don't like it one bit. you shouldn't risk your best DB in a situation where he could have his head chopped off. And don't think teams won't be trying to take him out because he is our best back

I don't like it either, but it is testimony to the level of confidence that the Bills D braintrust has in McGee or Thomas to step up from being #3 and #4 at CB in unfortunately it proves necessary.

Add in Jabari Greer who showed aganst Detroit that he can be burned deep like any corner, but I like him against another team's #4 or #5 WR if it comes to that in opposing empty-backfield sets and we suffer some injuries.

After years of continually drafting VBs with our $1 like Thomas Smith and Winfield, its nice to feel some depth for us at CB where we can even consider the foolhardy route of using our #1 CB as a punt returner.

They're going to use Nate. We used him for half the season last year. I am not enthused by how he takes care of the ball but I would bet anyone that he will go the distance sometime this year if he plays back there all season. he was six inches from breaking a TD in the Indy game when he tried to leap over the last tackler who caught his shoe and tackled him.

Josh Reed returns kicks but not punts. I would prefer McGee there, who was an extraordinary PR in college, albeit a small college. Also, Bobby Shaw averaged 12.2 two years ago for the Jags and we didnt use him at all. He would be my second choice.