all time worst season by a bills qb ever

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he came in for fergy, not kemp. jack was long gone before gary m arrived in buffalo ...

265597[/snapback]

Gary Marangi was also one of those guys whom the fickle Bills fans loved as the back-up QB and clamored endlessly for him to be put in all the time, because he made, like, one great run in one game one year. Then he totally sucked as a starter and was universally hated. A classic careful what you wish for.

From the movie "Stripes." 

Anyone calls me Francis, I kill you.

Lighten up, Francis.

265621[/snapback]

The first time my sister ever let me babysit her kids, two girls, who were about 3 and 5 at the time, I had just seen "Stripes". As soon as my sister left for the day I put the kids at the kitchen table and said, "Okay, here are the rules: You cry, I kill ya. You go in your pants, I kill ya. You don't eat your lunch, I kill ya. You touch any of my stuff, I kill ya." The kids were laughing and we had a ball the whole day.

My sister came home and they were sound asleep and asked how they were. I said they were awesome all day, which they were, and she said that's impossible, they are never like that. I said they were never a problem, ate their lunch, cleaned up, never cried, etc.

The next day I was waiting in the car for my sister who took the kids into a department store to return some clothes, and she came out, in tears. I asked what's wrong and she said the five year old walked up to a strange kid and said, "You cry, I kill ya." and walked away with a strange smile on her face.

:devil:

How about this one:

Dan Darragh, 1968

games- 11; completions 92; attempts 215; completion pct. - 42.8

touchdowns -3, interceptions 14

at least Marangi threw for a td every 33.1 attempts, darragh threw one every 71.6 attempts.

265567[/snapback]

Thank You, Yoho. How sad was that ? His replacement later that year was Kay Stevenson, later our coach. His stats:

29-79 36.7 % 364yards 4-TD's 7-INT's

1-12-1 that year.

Gary Marangi was also one of those guys whom the fickle Bills fans loved as the back-up QB and clamored endlessly for him to be put in all the time, because he made, like, one great run in one game one year. Then he totally sucked as a starter and was universally hated. A classic careful what you wish for.

265637[/snapback]

I was about to post the same thing! We have had lots of very popular back-up QB's huh?

Welcome to the reason so many of us "old timers" aren't ready to slit our wrists after a 9-7 season.  :devil:

265573[/snapback]

You said it - I expected to see Dan Darraugh from the title, I remember siting in Rich stadium screaming for Marangi to play. You always love the backup when things are going bad!

Dennis Shaw escapes this subject, only because of the efforts of the "Magician", Marlin Briscoe...I know a lot of posters didn't see Briscoe play.  What a great athlete.

265660[/snapback]

Wow, found this site while google searching for Dennis Shaw.

http://www.sportznutz.com/columns/upon_fur...view/031704.htm

Someone simulated a playoff for the worst teams ever. Dennis leads us to at least two defeats against the all-time worst teams.

What are they and how do they do it?

265634[/snapback]

Well just about every cat does as they have that smug holier then though attitude. Add to it they have to sh-- in a box indoors and won't go outside. Plus they don't clean it up after themselves.

If they get pissed they do stupid stuff like rip up your couch, your socks, etc...

Geese are another. They sh-- everywhere, it's huge. They make a bunch of noise and basically are agressive if approach. Both are really good example of animals that are asking to be abused.

Well just about every cat does as they have that smug holier then though attitude.  Add to it they have to sh-- in a box indoors and won't go outside. Plus they don't clean it up after themselves. 

If they get pissed they do stupid stuff like rip up your couch, your socks, etc... 

Geese are another.  They sh-- everywhere, it's huge.  They make a bunch of noise and basically are agressive if approach.  Both are really good example of animals that are asking to be abused.

265690[/snapback]

Pidgeons. Don't forget flying rats.

I am ashamed to say that I once sat in Rich Stadium chanting...

Marangi...Marangi...Marangi...Marangi...Marangi...Marangi...Marangi...Marangi...Marangi...Marangi...Marangi...Marangi...Marangi...Marangi...Marangi...Marangi...Marangi...Marangi...Marangi...Marangi...Marangi...Marangi...Marangi...Marangi...Marangi... :devil:

I only gave a couple of examples, and the reason, but yeah rats with wings also.

265697[/snapback]

So, if I follow this correctly, if an animal meets your obnoxious test, it would be all right to abuse the animal. Do I have that right?

Setting cats on fire OK?

If someone deems your dog obnoxious, what abuse can it suffer?

Just trying to follow the logic here.

So, if I follow this correctly, if an animal meets your obnoxious test, it would be all right to abuse the animal.  Do I have that right?

Setting cats on fire OK?

If someone deems your dog obnoxious, what abuse can it suffer?

Just trying to follow the logic here.

265700[/snapback]

Okay they can try with my dog. But he fights back. So do I.