Kurt Warner signs with Arizona!!!

Per John Clayton and posted on ....

www.profootballtalk.com

Could this have any impact on the Cards need to move Shelton and create some cap space??

264988[/snapback]

I think it could hurt efforts to move Henry. Cards are said to want a new contract with Henry if they trade for him. A contract between Henry and the Cards will likely eat more cap, than the cap savings gained by unloading the relatively cheap Shelton contract.

Having said that, maybe the Cards are in good cap shape even after signing KW. I don't know... But I would like to see Shelton a Bill/

Likely a new contract for TH will involve a low 2005 cap hit. Thats usually they way they work these things. Removing shelton from the books should be enough to cover the cap hit TH's signing bonus would cover.

That said TH is really in a tough position. He has to know that playing 1 year somewhere, ANYWHERE (besides here), would boost his paycheck next offseason. BUT no team wants to give up anything for him unless he signs a contract extension. Quite the connundrum.

This helps in our efforts to move Henry...the Cards now have a decent offense in place, but no running game would let Defenses just let loose on Kurt all day long. So what do you do? Do you risk getting a rookie and having him be ineffective? What if he's one of those 1st rounders that just doesnt "get it" in the NFL, or takes a year to develop? Why risk that?

Travis on the other hand has proved he can get +1000 yards a season and can step right in and produce. The Cards need to ship out Shelton anyways, why not complete their offense in one swift, cheap move?

PLUS, this might kick Henry in the butt to quit on those idiotic contract demands and go there and show his worth.

This helps in our efforts to move Henry...the Cards now have a decent offense in place, but no running game would let Defenses just let loose on Kurt all day long.  So what do you do?  Do you risk getting a rookie and having him be ineffective?  What if he's one of those 1st rounders that just doesnt "get it" in the NFL, or takes a year to develop?  Why risk that? 

Travis on the other hand has proved he can get +1000 yards a season and can step right in and produce.  The Cards need to ship out Shelton anyways, why not complete their offense in one swift, cheap move?

PLUS, this might kick Henry in the butt to quit on those idiotic contract demands and go there and show his worth.

265004[/snapback]

I just have a feeling that Green doesn't like Henry as think a deal would have happened by now and will likely draft one of the top three backs in the draft who all seem faster then Henry. As he seems to be trying to make an offense like he had in Minnesota. As he has a QB that we all know can pass long, has two good WRs and now he just needs a RB in the mold of Robert Smith/a healthy Michael Bennett.

Guest BackInDaDay
Pedro offers you his protection...

265023[/snapback]

and all of your wildest dreams will come true.

Pedro offers you his protection...

265023[/snapback]

Pedro: Like what are my skills?

Napoleon Dynamite: Well, you have a sweet bike. And you're really good at hooking up with chicks. Plus you're like the only guy at school who has a mustache.

Guest BackInDaDay
Pedro: Like what are my skills?

Napoleon Dynamite: Well, you have a sweet bike. And you're really good at hooking up with chicks. Plus you're like the only guy at school who has a mustache.

265025[/snapback]

:o

Uncle Rico : Back in '82, I could throw the pigskin a quarter mile.. I bet I can throw a football over those mountains!

With Warner and Boldan/Fitz they have a scary base....add Travis and you realy do have something......

Come on Dennis...you want him don't you....come on....here boy.....

265000[/snapback]

If you watched Warner play, you'd be scared if you were his coach. Anyone who thinks Bledsoe is done, multiply that by 100 & you've got Kurt Warner. He was good for about 6 games this year & was done. The Giants lost his last 3 games before he got benched. I watched him in training camp and within minutes I said to the Giant fan next to me that when the regular season defenses kick in he's dead meat because he is slow & indecisive in the pocket....sound familiar?

If you watched Warner play, you'd be scared if you were his coach.  Anyone who thinks Bledsoe is done, multiply that by 100 & you've got Kurt Warner.  He was good for about 6 games this year & was done.  The Giants lost his last 3 games before he got benched.  I watched him in training camp and within minutes I said to the Giant fan next to me that when the regular season defenses kick in he's dead meat because he is slow & indecisive in the pocket....sound familiar?

265037[/snapback]

You've hit the nail on the head with respect to Warner. His career is sinking faster than the Titanic. He has been a turnover factory the past 2 seasons and I cannot belive that Arizona would consider him as a starter. Denny Green must be more desperate than I thought.

This helps in our efforts to move Henry...the Cards now have a decent offense in place, but no running game would let Defenses just let loose on Kurt all day long.  So what do you do?  Do you risk getting a rookie and having him be ineffective?  What if he's one of those 1st rounders that just doesnt "get it" in the NFL, or takes a year to develop?  Why risk that? 

Travis on the other hand has proved he can get +1000 yards a season and can step right in and produce.  The Cards need to ship out Shelton anyways, why not complete their offense in one swift, cheap move?

265004[/snapback]

Great points, I concur.