We've got about 4 weeks before DC's can effectively gameplan for Peterman...

Big Turk

35 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Maybe maybe not. If he is accurate and quick enough he will still ge those balls in there.

Good defences will dictate what they want Peterman to see. They will bsically set him up. If anything Peterman will be at a disadvantage till he sees how teams will play him.

He is basically being thrown to the wolves.

4 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Good defences will dictate what they want Peterman to see. They will bsically set him up. If anything Peterman will be at a disadvantage till he sees how teams will play him.

He is basically being thrown to the wolves.

That just isn't how it usually plays out on Sundays after watching enough rookie QB's play.  It sounds good and in theory it might work, but in practice it doesn't. Think back to Trent Edwards first game and how good he looked against the Jets

Edited by matter2003

58 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Wrong. Teams will Blitz Peterman because he's a rookie. If he defeats that, then they have 2 weeks.

Sounds about right

50 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I doubt that is going to work

He struggled against the blitz in pre season and he's a rookie so you can bet D coordinators will be throwing some blitzes his way.

Whether it works or not, that remains to be seen

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I doubt that is going to work

I don't know if it will work or not but a rookie QB will see a blitz scheme with defensive backs in short zones. If he beats it, great. I like him. Just know he's a rookie and he'll see things he's never seen before.