Tyrod' Trade Value

Dkollidas

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Alex Smith was a number 1 overall pick and played as a rookie.  As sad as it is, that matters. Look at all the chances Bradford gets.

that said, most KC fans wanted to get rid of Smith before the season.  And while he had a great start to season, does anyone see Smith winning a SB?  Taylor and Smith are middle of the pack qbs who are so dependent on the team around them.  You could do a lot worse, but you could also do much better.

I would happy with a 4th for TT.  I’m also open to him coming back at a reasonable price and letting him, a high draft pick rookie, and Peterman having an open competition next training camp.

That’s kind of my point. The market isn’t “every team” but it’s a certain type of team.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t disagree with any of that. The point being, from Denver’s perspective, he’s probably as good of an option as there is. He’s the most proven commodity that can be had at an affordable price. It’s similar in some ways to Alex Smith to KC. The only other option, IMO, is Bradford and he has a world of question marks. Tyrod offers them a stability, at a price, that they can’t get elsewhere. 

Too often we look at this through such such a narrow lens (see the majority of posts in this thread). If you take a step back and look around the league and from different perspectives, of course there is a market. That market is aging teams or dominant defensive teams with bad QB play. He is a guy that can elevate those teams in the short term.

I agree there is a market..... and I agree he is a starter in this league. I just don't think its a 2nd round pick market.

10 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

By the end of the season, if management decides to move on, what would his trade value be? Or would it be easier to just let him go? I would figure he'd have trade value, just not sure of the cap ramifications if they traded him as opposed to cutting him.

I'd figure a team like Jacksonville, Arizona, or even Cleveland might offer a 2nd Round Pick if he became available. 

Nada

no team is trading they will wait for Bills to not pick up the option and sign him to a BU QB deal