An Honest Assessment: Who are our keepers?

Just now, Buffalo30 said:

His schemes matched his players better and he has a ton of young talent at all positions on that team.  

As for the fans, if they keep pushing guys out of town before they've been given a chance this team will never win.  We don't have the players that match the schemes.  Until we match them up, we will constantly have players that don't fit and we will continue to fall right back into mediocrity.  It's just been one big cycle.  I think this regime is the right regime.  If we have any patience left, these are the guys to trust and use it on.  Their rookies have played well in the scheme so far.  These old guys that they inherited, aren't looking so great.  Let them bring of their guys...hoping the fans see it through

But I thought new coaches have to run talent out of town to fit their scheme, culture and DNA.

Fact is right now this FO and coaching staff made this bed, they own it so they should get heat for it.

Just now, BuffaloFan68 said:

I would try to trade Tyrod for a 5th or 6th round draft pick all day long (come on Denver, you know you want him), otherwise he would just be a high paid back-up.

Just do not pick up his option on day three and boom he is a UFA

Just now, MAJBobby said:

But I thought new coaches have to run talent out of town to fit their scheme, culture and DNA.

Fact is right now this FO and coaching staff made this bed, they own it so they should get heat for it.

No they hired a guy that fit the players, we didn't.  Pegula chose a guy who doesn't fit the players so instead of the coaching staff changing how they do things, they will change the roster to fit the coaches.  It takes longer but usually means longer term success.  The Rams are a special case because they have a lot of young guys.  How is that the front offices and coaching staffs fault?  Pegula chose his guys.  Let them have a chance and stop looking at individual players and transactions and look at the bigger picture of what they are trying to do.  It will take some time.  

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

You can blame the Talent on the roster as much as you want, some of that Blame has to go to McDermott and Beane they built this Roster.

The roster isn't completely build yet?  Does he have all the linebackers that he wants and are quintessential to his defenses success?  No, because he just got there.  Have some patience

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

No they hired a guy that fit the players, we didn't.  Pegula chose a guy who doesn't fit the players so instead of the coaching staff changing how they do things, they will change the roster to fit the coaches.  It takes longer but usually means longer term success.  The Rams are a special case because they have a lot of young guys.  How is that the front offices and coaching staffs fault?  Pegula chose his guys.  Let them have a chance and stop looking at individual players and transactions and look at the bigger picture of what they are trying to do.  It will take some time.  

So you really DONT want an honest assessment.

Because if you did McD and Beane share alot of blame for this roster THEY BUILT

It's been 1 season man...they inherited most of the roster...they haven't had the chance to build nothing

They did not.  Look at the defense.  so again you really dont want an HONEST assessment you want people agreeing that they need time to rebuild in their vision even if they built this years Roster.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

They did not.  Look at the defense.  so again you really dont want an HONEST assessment you want people agreeing that they need time to rebuild in their vision even if they built this years Roster.

It's not easy to rebuild in one year man.  They have a ton of draft picks this year and cap space to replace guys that didn't fit.  They came in and not a lot matched up.  It will take some time

32 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Well for this regime it's the start of a new rebuild.  I trust this front office to get the right guys in the building.  It'll take a while but we have to stop hitting reset so fast.  This seems like a good head coach and GM combo, let's let it play out

I agree. It's not going to be an immediate turnaround, but they're rebuilding the right way.  The drought will reach 19 years before it ends. This year, they replaced out half the team.  Next year, they'll replace the other half. Year 3, they'll have their team built and ready to contend. Give them a fair chance, don't be so quick to panic.

Just now, BmarvB said:

I agree. It's not going to be an immediate turnaround, but they're rebuilding the right way.  The drought will reach 19 years before it ends. This year, they replaced out half the team.  Next year, they'll replace the other half. Year 3, they'll have their team built and ready to contend. Give them a fair chance, don't be so quick to panic.

I'm not sure we replaced half of the roster but yes, give it time.  I think it'll be three years to get what they want on the field.  But if they hit on a lot this upcoming draft...they can shorten the rebuilding timeline

I'm not sure we replaced half of the roster but yes, give it time.  I think it'll be three years to get what they want on the field.  But if they hit on a lot this upcoming draft...they can shorten the rebuilding timeline

Yeah, there's a lot riding on what they get from all those picks. They need some hits.

Here is it.

Year 1 - some new coach with some new buzzword

FANS - YES GONNA TAKE TIME GOT THE RIGHT GUY

Year 2 - another new buzzword

FANS - YES LOOK AT THE TALENT ON THE ROSTER

Year 3 - Another new buzzword

FANS - FIRE THIS GUY and clean house really rebuild

The cycle of life as a Bills fan, Bills sell hope better than any team in the league and us fans just slop it up

meanwhile 17 years and counting

33 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Then do it completely.

Bench the QB and move on.

Cut Holmes Ducasse Davis and get the pick. 

That is not true they are absolutely trying to break the drought. Spin it how you want.  KB trade soldifies they want and are actively trying to win NOW

What was this Offseason.  Dont even MENTION Whaley it was all McD

In that case we should have hope because this draft was Damn good.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Here is it.

Year 1 - some new coach with some new buzzword

FANS - YES GONNA TAKE TIME GOT THE RIGHT GUY

Year 2 - another new buzzword

FANS - YES LOOK AT THE TALENT ON THE ROSTER

Year 3 - Another new buzzword

FANS - FIRE THIS GUY and clean house really rebuild

The cycle of life as a Bills fan, Bills sell hope better than any team in the league and us fans just slop it up

meanwhile 17 years and counting

But you want to take the Cleveland approach which fired a coach every year??  That's your blueprint...Cleveland changed that too by giving Hue Jackson a chance.  They may not be winning games but they finally have some talent on that team and have been a little competitive.  They were horrid in terms of talent when he took over.  With another year or more likely two they will have a lot of young talent on that team.  I like the long term approach.  So much overturn hurts players.  I feel bad for what Kyle Williams went through in his career here.