An Honest Assessment: Who are our keepers?

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

No but I don't understand why them being bad is a surprise?  Everything that they've done lines up with what they have said...they want to win now as much as they can and rebuild for the future.  They replace guys that didn't trust the process and didn't fit the schemes.  They have more of that to do...they are rebuilding while not losing 15 games like the browns do...They have more wins then the browns have had in a few years combined and they have a lot of draft picks to add the most talent to what they want to do.  Let these old vets teach the young guys some things and then let the young guys loose and let them develop.  They gotta get another draft to keep flooding the roster with youth to replace the old vets.  It's all a part of the rebuilding process.

Said every two years of the past 17 for the Bills I have heard this all before blah blah 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Yes it likely was, however there is no cap space, and spent two picks to get a WR those were assets to fill these holes.

that is my point I am not sure they have a clear direction either, one minute you can point to moves for next year and beyond then next thing you see moves that contradict that.

I think they are waiting to really suck in record before cutting the depth players to get comp picks.  Otherwise you are bailing on what has been a positive season and we are still in decent position.  If we start to go downhill, I expect to see more rookies like Peterman but it's just too soon.  We are still in the race.  I think they believe they'd be doing the organization a disservice by completely laying down.  

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yes it likely was, however there is no cap space, and spent two picks to get a WR those were assets to fill these holes.

that is my point I am not sure they have a clear direction either, one minute you can point to moves for next year and beyond then next thing you see moves that contradict that.

Thing is, would you rather have a third or Kelvin Benjamin? I think that we will maybe use him a little bit with a new QB.

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Thing is, would you rather have a third or Kelvin Benjamin? I think that we will maybe use him a little bit with a new QB.

Depends, 

Is there a new QB playing for the Bills?  If so then sure I will take Kelvin Benjamin and a 8M cap hit over the third and the 7th 

However if it is another ultra conservative QB or TT then no getting a WR that typically doesnt get college wide open and you need to throw it up to him doesnt make sense

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

More to the point: Would you rather have a third, or would you rather have 1.5 years of Kelvin Benjamin for $8.75 million?  That's a closer call, but I'll still take Benjamin even though I think that overall the Bills would be smarter to accumulate picks at this stage in their competitive cycle.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Depends, 

Is there a new QB playing for the Bills?  If so then sure I will take Kelvin Benjamin and a 8M cap hit over the third and the 7th 

However if it is another ultra conservative QB or TT then no getting a WR that typically doesnt get college wide open and you need to throw it up to him doesnt make sense

I think they are preparing for an offseason switch at QB.  Or at least a near future switch and I think they've known that.  Just waiting for the season to implode a little before replacing the QB.  The season is doing a nice job of blowing up haha.  If it continues I fully expect Peterman to be in there.