The Fire Bell In The Night

Tiberius

Election Day is getting closer, and the president’s approval rating is still largely stuck in the low 40s, a big red warning sign that has bedeviled the party of similarly-situated presidents in past midterms. The House generic ballot, which has generally been at around a Democratic lead of between six to eight points, is at the higher end of that range right now. But more importantly for the House battle, for most of this election cycle the generic ballot has shown a consistent Democratic lead that suggests a very competitive battle for the majority. A high number of open seats — the highest number of any postwar election save 1992 — give Democrats many more targets than the GOP (Republicans are defending 41 seats without an incumbent, while Democrats are defending only 22).

http://www.centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top

On 7/20/2018 at 7:29 PM, Kelly101 said:

...or the large amounts of dnc poll fixing or vast numbers of illegal voters.

Say, that's brilliant! You really are a genius you are. Next week maybe you can learn to wipe your own ass .

On 7/20/2018 at 8:29 PM, Kelly101 said:

...or the large amounts of dnc poll fixing or vast numbers of illegal voters.

polls, like the media, is just another mechanism to try to influence people to a political viewpoint

always liberal or to the left

On 7/20/2018 at 3:59 PM, Tiberius said:

Pollsters have not yet figured out how to calculate the Russian hacking into their forecasts 

keep at it you're going to catch that white russian

who you gonna call

did you really type tee hee yikes

Edited by Kelly101

Trumps endorsed candidate has won the Georgia primary tonight setting up a pretty big race there for governor.  Stacey Abrams is running to become the first African American woman to be a governor in a state where Democrats have not won in a long time. Like in many states, the Hispanic vote is rising very fast there and Trumps unpopularity among women and the increasing surbanan populations make this seem like a chance to turn a Dixie state blue. God speed to Stacey, a real Georgia peach! 

While we were marching through Georgia!

8 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Trumps endorsed candidate has won the Georgia primary tonight setting up a pretty big race there for governor.  Stacey Abrams is running to become the first African American woman to be a governor in a state where Democrats have not won in a long time. Like in many states, the Hispanic vote is rising very fast there and Trumps unpopularity among women and the increasing surbanan populations make this seem like a chance to turn a Dixie state blue. God speed to Stacey, a real Georgia peach! 

While we were marching through Georgia!

Gleeful Gator shows his misogynistic side.

Women just don't like Republicans that much.

Female voters say they prefer Democrats this fall by a 21-point margin, 54 percent to 33 percent. Republicans win men by 9 points, 48 percent to 39 percent.

Negative opinions of Trump are pronounced among women. Trump’s job approval has remained relatively static — still underwater at 39 percent approval to 51 percent disapproval among all Americans. But there is a staggering 43-point gender gap with 62 percent of women disapproving of Trump’s job and half of men approving of his performance.

Fifty-seven percent of suburban women also strongly disapprove of Trump, and Democrats have a 28-point edge in which party suburban women would vote for in November. This is an ominous sign for Republicans given that these will be critical voters in many House battlefields.

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/25/632109122/npr-pbs-newshour-marist-poll-americans-dont-think-trump-is-tough-enough-on-russi?t=1532519743686

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Women just don't like Republicans that much.

Shut up, you dumb broad...

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

GETTING SCARY: More Americans than ever find Democrats out of the mainstream.

“Let’s get right to the good stuff: In a new poll conducted by NBC News and The Wall Street Journal, just 33 percent of those surveyed think the Democratic Party is ‘in the mainstream.’ More than half (56 percent) consider them out of step.”

What's scary is that 33% think the Democratic Party is "in the mainstream."

Look...you're a member, you agree with their platform, fine.  I can accept that.  But "mainstream?"  Is there anything in this country the Democrats don't want to tear down and rebuild?  How the hell are they mainstream?

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Shut up, you dumb broad...

What's scary is that 33% think the Democratic Party is "in the mainstream."

Look...you're a member, you agree with their platform, fine.  I can accept that.  But "mainstream?"  Is there anything in this country the Democrats don't want to tear down and rebuild?  How the hell are they mainstream?

Just continuing Obama's legacy of fundamentally changing America.

4 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

:excl:Mods

When I loaded this page (21 of the thread) my Antivirus lit up with a warning about content from a "crossfitfactorysquare" URL which appears to be the link or pic that Tibs embedded above

Now that's crossing the line.

Gawdammit clicking the "has reacted to" notification wasn't a good idea in this thread :wallbash:

15 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Now that's crossing the line.

I doubt it was intentional.  But we'll still make fun of him for it anyway

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Nice article on an awesome woman. She is a really interesting person. Gets along with Republicans pretty well.

http://time.com/5349541/stacey-abrams-georgia/

Early in her tenure, when a Republican legislator was struggling to explain the details of his own bill, she passed him a helpful note, and then another, and another. Finally he sat down next to her and let her explain it for him, she recalls. At the end of the hearing, she was the only one on the panel to vote against the bill, a minor regulatory measure. The Republican was shocked; why had she helped him? “I said, ‘Look, I think your bill is a bad idea. I just don’t think it should be bad law,'” Abrams says. “After that, Republicans would bring me their bills and ask me to look at them. They didn’t always agree with me, but they knew they could trust me, and not every disagreement has to become a battle.”

God, I hope she's the future of the Democratic Party.  People like her are the people I vote for.  The disappearance of people like her from the Democratic party is the reason I haven't voted for any Democratic candidate since 2006.

• Like (+1) 2