11-6: McDermott and Coordinator Pressers

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Anyone notice how jovial McDermott is with the media? Really big change from the past. Maybe John Wawrow could give his take? Sure sounds like everyone is in a good mood. 

Maybe it's because the way things went this weekend, they really didn't lose ground in the race for the final WC spot.

jones-11-6-story.jpg

Injury updates on Zay Jones, Charles Clay and E.J. Gaines. Benjamin and Cadet get adjusted to their new surroundings.

Head Coach Sean McDermott addressed the media prior to practice Monday topics include; improving the run defense, Sunday's game against the Saints, and an injury report.

LESLIE FRAZIER: "FOCUS ON NEXT OPPONENT"(4:15)

Defensive Coordinator Leslie Frazier addressed the media Monday prior to practice topics include; pressuring the quarterback, nose tackle play, and creating turnovers.

RICK DENNISON: "HE'LL BE ON THE FIELD" (3:52)

OC Rick Dennison talks about what WR Kelvin Benjamin and RB Travaris Cadet can add to the offense.

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Anyone notice how jovial McDermott is with the media? Really big change from the past. Maybe John Wawrow could give his take? Sure sounds like everyone is in a good mood. 

I would have to look the word jovial up in the dictionary but I have an understanding of what you're saying.

I needed those press conferences today to be able to put the Jets game behind us. It played a big role in how I as a fan feel going into the next game.

With previous bland coaches in the past, I would watch the press conferences particularly after a loss and be like, yeah whatever coach. You said that LAST week. You not fooling anybody. But with McDermott, even though he repeats himself constantly, it just puts a sigh of relief to my thoughts and that's why I believe we have a good coach. He seems like he's moved on from the Jets game and he even got me to look past it. If he can fool me as a fan who has been through all the heartbreaks, I'm sure the players have moved on and put their focus on the Saints also.

Dennisons' interviews never leave me with any confidence except for maybe 1 week in the season (I forget which team we were about to face) but yeah, he doesn't excite me at all.

Now on the other hand. LESLIE FRAZIER. Am I the only one who LOVES the way he talks and explains things? Man. There is just SO much honesty in his interviews and if I had the talent, I would play my heart out for that guy. Literally. Play til I can't breathe. He's like the Uncle I never had lol. Just very soft spoken but says EVERYTHING you need to hear. His interviews are what I look forward to the most out of all the coaches.

Kelvin Benjamin. My first impressions of him are very positive. Seems like a humble guy, funny guy, team guy and a pro. His words didn't seem rehearsed and I believe he said Buffalo already feels like home and he wants to play here for a long time. He also said that before any of that happens, he gotta earn the respect of the players 1st and THEN the higher ups (and I loved that comment). The coaches already know you can play or else they wouldn't of traded for you. He wants to earn the respect of his teammates first and i LOVE that type a talk coming from a wide receiver  (who the league sometimes calls them, divas). I like his attitude and I'm glad we got him.

All in all it was a good day with the pressers. 

....looking at the "no practice today" list, they're pretty much youngsters and it is Monday......sure as hell brings credence to Richie's gripe about cash grab Thursday games especially for the "older" guys  as in the 30 somethings (good Lord wish I could remember my 30's).....but the wear and tear on 300+ lb linemen trying to rebound in three days is absurd....and of course player safety is a preeminent concern(COUGH)....nothing like sacrificing the competitiveness of the game for the sake of the almighty dollar.......Goodell wants to make it a 25 billion dollar industry by 2027......again, nothing like sacrificing the product for $$$$.....advertiser backlash needs to burst the bubble.......

2 hours ago, TPS said:

Maybe it's because the way things went this weekend, they really didn't lose ground in the race for the final WC spot.

And this is the wrong mindset! Quit striving for the minimum as a WC entry and expect to win the division. The Jets loss still ticks me off. They look unprepared and got totally outplayed from the opening kickoff!

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....looking at the "no practice today" list, they're pretty much youngsters and it is Monday......sure as hell brings credence to Richie's gripe about cash grab Thursday games especially for the "older" guys  as in the 30 somethings (good Lord wish I could remember my 30's).....but the wear and tear on 300+ lb linemen trying to rebound in three days is absurd....and of course player safety is a preeminent concern(COUGH)....nothing like sacrificing the competitiveness of the game for the sake of the almighty dollar.......Goodell wants to make it a 25 billion dollar industry by 2027......again, nothing like sacrificing the product for $$$$.....advertiser backlash needs to burst the bubble.......

Why not move the games to Friday nights then? But at the end of the day it still comes off as an excuse. Jets played on the same amount of rest and looked fine. Three days rest didn't cause the fumbles or lack of discipline regarding self inflicted penalties.

Edited by TFBillsfan