Everyone, this is what needs to be done on Offense

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

1. The Bills offense is only truly productive when Tyrod is running:  designed runs, options, scrambles.

2. If Tyrod is running frequently, it is very unlikely that he will avoid a significant injury that causes him to miss at least a game and a half.

3. If Tyrod is out for at least a game and a half, the Bills offense likely sputters to a halt as Nathan Peterman sees his first NFL action.

4. If the Bills lose an extra game or two as a result of (3), they become extremely unlikely to make the playoffs.

So there's the problem.  Damned if you do, damned if you don't.  I say let Tyrod free - encourage him to run, but run as smart as possible (no trying to get that extra yard), and take your chances.

Considering how much Tyrod has run he's actually pretty damn durable; he's got a somewhat compact body and seems to be in amazing shape and he's pretty smart too with avoiding the big hit/sliding/etc. Kinda like Russel Wilson who is also a smaller/shiftier type of player, you don't see RW get obliterated very often b/c he has a lot of awareness (even more so than Tyrod). To me RW is the ultimate scrambling QB in terms of speed, shiftiness, awareness, and agility. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

Considering how much Tyrod has run he's actually pretty damn durable; he's got a somewhat compact body and seems to be in amazing shape and he's pretty smart too with avoiding the big hit/sliding/etc. Kinda like Russel Wilson who is also a smaller/shiftier type of player, you don't see RW get obliterated very often b/c he has a lot of awareness (even more so than Tyrod). To me RW is the ultimate scrambling QB in terms of speed, shiftiness, awareness, and agility. 

Yep. Wilson is actually pretty big, just short. He's extremely well built. But Tyrod is compact strong. He's the same size as Melvin Gordon was when Gordon came out as a rookie first round RB. 

23 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Actually, all they really need to do is block better. If they do, Shady will run well and Tyrod will produce. 

I really agree! That said, I would encourage TT to run more and set him up by spreading out the offense and the gaps between lineman while letting him start in the SG. If we aren't or can't block effectively, let's use his and Shady's strengths of making people miss.  Run pass options.  Roll him out and let him look deep or mid and then run or hit short route when coverage moves off to stop his run freeing up the back or TE. Anything but sitting in a porous pocket and getting killed.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

I really agree! That said, I would encourage TT to run more and set him up by spreading out the offense and the gaps between lineman while letting him start in the SG. If we aren't or can't block effectively, let's use his and Shady's strengths of making people miss.  Run pass options.  Roll him out and let him look deep or mid and then run or hit short route when coverage moves off to stop his run freeing up the back or TE. Anything but sitting in a porous pocket and getting killed.

Agreed.

20 hours ago, bobobonators said:

I dont really follow your post regarding Watson. 

Running QB is going get beat up no matter what you do. You really need to ingrain those steps and throwing motion, like a PGA swing.

Running to make a play during a game, that's great. But read options or QB draw, that's asking too much, especially when getting your throws and steps really isn't that hard.

On 11/4/2017 at 1:53 PM, bobobonators said:

Pretty much that entire game vs Seattle, an elite defense, he was out of shotgun. 

If you go back and look at the 2nd Miami game last yr where we set a record for offense, majority of game out of shotgun as well. 

Our two best offensive players benefit from it. Its a no brainer. 

So what happened all of the other games with TT in shotgun.  He was good in those two games and not good in other games with the same offense.  Then we hear complaints about trying to run out of shotgun and why it causes issues.

TT is what he is - I think the offense under Dennison needs a better QB - especially someone to eat the ball out quicker.  TT does what he can, but he is limited and slow in progression - that is just who he is.  

He he played ok versus the Jets, but the Jets knew what they wanted - rush 5 and keep him in the pocket and it worked.  The Bills lost because of TOs and defense, but much as the last 2 years the QB does not make better.