Bills CAN get back on track vs New Orleans

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Weather was supposed to be a factor in a number of games the past few years.  Most were lost by Buffalo 

Post Pegulas, it is becoming a factor again-have to have a decent team for the weather to have a difference. Last week it made a difference.

Couple things we have going for us:

- McDermott coming from the NFCS knows how to plan defensively for the Saints. Same as TB, ATL, and CAR

- Home game with cold weather

- Benjamin, Gaines, Clay all playing

- Longer week to game plan

I like to think of their winning streak as a positive for us. They aren't as desperate as us and can become complacent.

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

The Marino Fish wouldn't have made the playoffs in the NFC those Bills Super Bowl years.

Bills had a total cakewalk to the SB those 4 years, the only game with fear was the Denver one with the INT sealing it off, nothing else was even remotely a challenge.

Yes they would have. I remember GB, TB division being really bad.

1 minute ago, theAteam said:

Couple things we have going for us:

- McDermott coming from the NFCS knows how to plan defensively for the Saints. Same as TB, ATL, and CAR

- Longer week to game plan

I like to think of their winning streak as a positive for us. They aren't as desperate as us and can become complacent.

Welcome aboard. 

Clay is back?  Good news if true

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

using weather as an excuse is not an excuse 

So dome teams and teams like Miami aren't at a disadvantaged playing here in bad weather? They sure are, if the Bills have a decent team, which we have.

theAteam has some good points;

"- McDermott coming from the NFCS knows how to plan defensively for the Saints. Same as TB, ATL, and CAR

- Longer week to game plan"

.... but as bad as we looked against the Jets and as good as NO has looked over the last couple of weeks, it's hard to get one's hopes up. 

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!! 

50 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I'd say the Bills were three times the team that day, Bo Jackson not there was the biggest factor.

The AFC was a TOTAL JOKE, again a TOTAL JOKE, outside the Bills for those 4 seasons, doubt the runner-up would have made the playoffs in the NFC those Super Bowl years.

We've been through this before Row and no, the AFC was not a total joke.  I will post the records if that helps you understand they weren't a joke.

9 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Nope last Jersey I ever bought actually was Spiller 

As much as we have had our disagreements I feel compelled to say that Spiller was the last jersey I ever bought as well.

Way too much roster turnover from year to year on this team for me to waste money like that.

Edited by Scott7975

Not going to be easy when you take common opponents into account we lost to Carolina and were fortunate to beat Tampa.  New Orleas rolled both teams.

But not impossible.  Taylor, McCoy, Clay, and Benjamin need to wear down their defense.

I think it is clear NO is the better team, even if they haven't played the strongest schedule to date. The Saints are a top 5 offense, whereas the Bills are a bottom 5 offense. The defenses are probably a wash. The Bills, like any NFL team, look great when winning the TO battle by 3 or 4, but that is very unlikely against Brees and the Saints.

Home field at least gives the Bills a shot, but when the Bills have played legit playoff teams (not the Dolphins from last year) at home, they have often been dominated at home. Just look at our recent home games vs the Pats, the Steelers game last year, and the Bengals game in 2015.  I am not sure the Saints are as good as those teams, so the game may be closer, but I just don't see the Bills winning without SEVERAL takeaways.