Bills Pro Bowl Players

corta765

So I started thinking about this yesterday on the ride home from the game of when Pro Bowl selection time comes who the Bills would have selected. While the Bills are 5-2 this really is a team effort and there are 3 guys who at this point I would expect in:

LeSean McCoy: Even before his running resurgence the last two weeks he was still on pace for 900 yds rushing and 500 receiving. Now its a lot higher haha.

Micah Hyde: Leads the NFL in INT's, is probably the leader of this defense, and has been sensational all over the field this year.

TreDavious White: The Bills replaced a Pro Bowl alternate with a guy who deserves to be a Pro Bowl starter. Simply put his play has been remarkable and other then two bad plays against the Bengals no one is beating this guy. Cooper was shut down all day once White was on him. It typically is hard for rookie to crack the lineup in the Pro Bowl, but White and Lattimore from the Saints are playing like exceptions to this rule.

The following players are guys I think have a shot or absolutely could be alternates:

Richie Incognito: If the running game stays at pace the O Line will get credit and Richie is in general highly respected league wide.

Tyrod Taylor: Outside of Buffalo he is highly respected league wide, his numbers are good when you include his rushing stats which is part of his game, and if the Bills make the playoffs he will get a lot of credit for it. Plus after Brady/Watson/Alex Smith who is the fourth best QB currently in the AFC? Tyrod at least can put his name in there.

Jordan Poyer: His play and stats reflect a Pro Bowl year. But games played and the odds of two safeties from a team being selected do limit his chances. Add in Hyde being a little higher profile and leading the league in INT's and Poyer is behind him. Not impossible but I think only the Seahawks send that many guys secondary wise.

Jerry Hughes: Everything I have read has praised how good Hughes has been at the edge this year between stopping the run and forcing the QB into bad throws. I think he needs to get his sack numbers up to be near or over 10 to really have a chance just because voters like sack numbers.

So I started thinking about this yesterday on the ride home from the game of when Pro Bowl selection time comes who the Bills would have selected. While the Bills are 5-2 this really is a team effort and there are 3 guys who at this point I would expect in:

LeSean McCoy: Even before his running resurgence the last two weeks he was still on pace for 900 yds rushing and 500 receiving. Now its a lot higher haha.

Micah Hyde: Leads the NFL in INT's, is probably the leader of this defense, and has been sensational all over the field this year.

TreDavious White: The Bills replaced a Pro Bowl alternate with a guy who deserves to be a Pro Bowl starter. Simply put his play has been remarkable and other then two bad plays against the Bengals no one is beating this guy. Cooper was shut down all day once White was on him. It typically is hard for rookie to crack the lineup in the Pro Bowl, but White and Lattimore from the Saints are playing like exceptions to this rule.

The following players are guys I think have a shot or absolutely could be alternates:

Richie Incognito: If the running game stays at pace the O Line will get credit and Richie is in general highly respected league wide.

Tyrod Taylor: Outside of Buffalo he is highly respected league wide, his numbers are good when you include his rushing stats which is part of his game, and if the Bills make the playoffs he will get a lot of credit for it. Plus after Brady/Watson/Alex Smith who is the fourth best QB currently in the AFC? Tyrod at least can put his name in there.

Jordan Poyer: His play and stats reflect a Pro Bowl year. But games played and the odds of two safeties from a team being selected do limit his chances. Add in Hyde being a little higher profile and leading the league in INT's and Poyer is behind him. Not impossible but I think only the Seahawks send that many guys secondary wise.

Jerry Hughes: Everything I have read has praised how good Hughes has been at the edge this year between stopping the run and forcing the QB into bad throws. I think he needs to get his sack numbers up to be near or over 10 to really have a chance just because voters like sack numbers.

If things keep going the way they are I wouldn't be surprised to see Cordy Glenn make it. Otherwise, love your picks.

Hyde is almost a shoe-in at this point. Richie probably gets in, he's got the name recognition and he's been great this year.

I think White probably needs to snag a few more picks to get in. Analytics sites like PFF are high on him but it's going to be hard for him to break into the national scene without the highlight reel grabs.

But it's all irrelevant; none of our guys will be able to play in the pro bowl since they'll be resting up for the next week. :D

Taylor will make the pro bowl if 5 people drop out. No way does he have numbers to be in the pro bowl. If I were going to bet I would say Shady, White and Hughes have the best shot.

Numbers are not everything and if your looking at just Yds/TDs then yea he won't. Taylor has graded quite highly by top NFL analysts this season thus far especially with the lack of weapons at WR and injuries we have had. Like I said IF the Bills make the playoffs he will get a lot of praise and a state line of 3500 yds 23 TDs with 4 TO's is nothing to snear at in the least and NFL voters won't. Also like I said who is the next best QB after Brady/Watson/Smith? Carr who Taylor and the Bills beat? Big Ben who has 12 TDs to 9 picks and looks old? Mariota who was injured for 2 games and plays in a very offense less dangerous then ours currently? Maybe Andy Dalton I guess..?

All I am saying is if the Bills stay on current playoff path Tyrod deserves consideration for the nod and even if he is an alternate it still would be a fair honor to him.