Bills improve to 5-2 w/ "boring" win (article)

BigDingus

Not even going to comment on the OPs remarks, you all have taken care of that already. I have to take issue with the article cited though - I dont know where PFT finds these guys, but they get worse and worse year after year. Boring is not how I would describe the game yesterday at all. Forced turnovers, big runs, defensive TDs - these are all boring ways to win now? Darin must think if you do not throw for 300+ youre winning boringly. Moron.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills lead the NFL in making teams overrated.

Post of the Year.

Its true. Atlanta was the undefeated NFC champs playing at home. We win, so they're now overrated. Broncos have the Leagues Best Defense. We win, so they're now overrated. Oakland was a consensus preseason SB pick off last seasons playoff run. We win, now theyre overrated. Tampa is the new darling of the League and Winston is electric! We win, so they're now overrated. We were picked to beat the Jets by 9 points and we did. But theyre the Jets.. -who've been playing very well since.

Were still the Bills, but EVERYONE we play is overrated.

Your comparison of Tyrod to Trent Edwards is shameful. He may not throw for 300 yards a game but doing so doesn't make a QB a winner. He is doing exactly what is asked of him. To not turn it over and extend drives with his legs. He made some very good throws that extended drives today and his touchdown throw was beautiful. Buffalo doesn't need him to put up all the numbers because they have the run game and the defense. Tyrod has been smart as the QB. Comparing him to Edwards is simply lazy

BINGO!!! The Bills are a run-first team. They've ALWAYS been a run-first team even when they had good QBs and good passing games. Given that they play in an open stadium in the Great Lakes region, running the ball is pretty much a requirement because there are going to be games, sometimes more than one in the same season, where passing the ball is going to be difficult at best, primarily because of the wind.

Moreover, the current coaching regime is pretty conservative, so they are going to favor short, safe passes and runs that produce time-consuming drives over long downfield throws all day long. The Bills are never going to collect a stable of top notch WRs and pass catching TEs so that their QB regularly throws for 300 yards under McDermott. That's not his philosophy, and I doubt that would change even if he had Aaron Rodgers as his QB. Most QBs who regularly put up big passing stats play for teams that don't have good running games or don't have good defenses.

All the fans out there who think that the Bills are going to turn into a pass-first team if/when they draft a first round QB in 2018 are likely to be very disappointed. It's not the QB who determines the Bills offense so much as it is the HC's philosophy, which is okay with me as long as the Bills continue to win with what they're doing. Having a stout defense and a good running game have been the primary building blocks of successful teams for years.

I heard this same crap when the Devils were winning a million Cups.

Let me scream this so the OP can understand this........

WINNING IS NEVER BORING.

Truth! :thumbsup: I did think the shot of Carr slouched on the bench and looking miserable in the rain after Shady's TD run was priceless. It's been a long time since the Bills demoralized an opponent.