[News] V-Coach - Bills sign QB Kelly Holcomb

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an excellent signing. Holcomb is the guy I wanted them to sign to backup Losman. He's good enough to be a short term starter, yet he doesn't have the ego that a longtime starter might and shouldn't be a lockerroom problem.

Best possible backup available.  Hands down.

263343[/snapback]

I agree. I'm really surprised by this...and I love it! I think Holcomb could be a starter under the right circumstances.

1 need down.

Definitely.  I didnt even consider him because I assumed he'd go to a team with a chance to start. 

If we get that Shelton trade now, our offseason is pretty damn good.

263346[/snapback]

At least we know he won't fold his tent against a rush like Pittsburgh's

Well, I just posted my lack of understanding for a QB who can't move well but he's an experienced backup. Seems the Bills would have to change the playbook for him.

If that's what the Bills want, I'm behind them and certainly trust the judgement of Clements,Wyche and Mularkey. He has tons of experience.

Another need filled.

Well, I just posted my lack of understanding for a QB who can't move well but he's an experienced backup. Seems the Bills would have to change the playbook for him.

If that's what the Bills want, I'm behind them and certainly trust the judgement of Clements,Wyche and Mularkey. He has tons of experience.

Another need filled.

263352[/snapback]

Why would we have to change the playbook for him? The only things he can't do are the QB draws and designed roll outs.

263352[/snapback]

Actually not at all - he already knows this offense. The playbook will be the same one we ran with Bledsoe (they'll simply add plays to take advantage of JP's mobility); unlike Bledsoe, Holcomb won't be afraid to throw short- and intermediate- routes.

Well I guess that's what I'm trying to say, what would we really have to change?

263366[/snapback]

All that will change is the expectations for our new numero dos.......Holcomb can flat out play.......I love our QB situation now. Kudos to ol' whitey