Surprise roster cut

Who will be the biggest surprise cut?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the biggest surprise cut?

• Travis Brown
    • Joe Burns
    • Jason Gildon
    • Keith McKenzie
    • Pierson Prioleau
    • Mike Williams
    • Coy Wire

it looks to me like McKenzie is 'winning' this losers' race, but I don't think it would be too much of a surprise. He performed capably last year but is oooold and would be taking away valuable time from the young DEs who need to step up. To keep around an old sage would be to stunt their development, I think.

Wire needs to play MUCH better, but I also get the feeling he's being toyed with a bit. I think we're taking for granted that he's a tweener, and everyone has a new idea about where to move him. We went and got Milloy -- good move -- but we also unseated a guy who had an impressive rookie campaign and told him to do... what? How many times can you move someone around? How about putting him somewhere where he can just knock the stevestojan out of people?

AND, do we really want to cut Burns? We already lost our best special teams back in Morris.

You guys kiddin me? Aiken is starting to appear injury prone...and you want to get rid of the only vet WR we have if Moulds goes down again???

1009[/snapback]

Well, now that you put it that way...

yes.

We went and got Milloy -- good move -- but we also unseated a guy who had an impressive rookie campaign

966[/snapback]

I don't know where this urban legend that Wire played great (or even good) as a rookie comes from. I actually keyed on him that season, watched him closely every game, and he was horrible. I don't care if he was learning a new position (standard comeback from his fans) - the fact is that when he was on the field playing the position he was on the field for - he was horrible. I saw it with my own eyes. People who say he played good either didn't watch him or weren't sure what they were watching.

I'm hoping Baker is the real deal and we just let the Wire experiment go.

I'll admit he wasn't the greatest SS we've had, but he wasn't the worst either. He was fairly decent at run support; he just had some fundamental problems in terms of taking bad angles and overpursuing plays (a BIG problem for Coy as a rook).

Not a chance Gildon is cut, he started on 3rd down w/ the first team against Denver.

1093[/snapback]

That's funny... on the Simoncast yesterday, Chris Brown (of Bills Digest) said there's no way Gildon makes the team. Said McKenzie is faster, and JG might have reached the end of his career.

If Simonton looks decent the next game or two and Burns' ankle doesn't heal in a hurry, I can see something along the lines of an injury settlement for JB. As for Wire, I'll merely point out once again that he is apparently the ST captain this season.

Archived