Which is most fair and right?

Which is more American?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you honestly feel is more fair, American, and better for our country?

• Everyone should agree with my views and do as I think is appropriate
    • Everyone should make their own choice and do as they think if it is legal

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone should just make a simple a or b choice. I'll start. I think I am right, but I also think it's more important that other people can have different experiences and ideas. I know that's completely nuts but that's how I feel.

And what do you think you are right about?

With such an obvious choice, I'm interested to see what point you're going to make with this.

Anyone bitching that players kneeling is unAmerican, or is somehow disgracing the flag by kneeling is unAmerican, or other people that have a different life experience with or opinion on racism is wrong, or who genuinely believe this is a systemic problem is being an idiot.

It is legal for me to tell my boss to go suck a lemon and twerk through the hallway. But I doubt I would be employed afterward. Maybe there should be a third option on this poll. Doesn't seem like a 'A' or 'B' type question.

I think anyone can tell their boss to go suck a lemon or twerk through the hallway. You would just be a moron but I doubt anything would happen to you.

Sure it's an A or B option. People that believe players can think and believe and say what they want if they don't hurt anyone, which the NFL clearly believes, too. And those that want others to believe only what they believe. It's rather obvious.

Anyone bitching that players kneeling is unAmerican, or is somehow disgracing the flag by kneeling is unAmerican, or other people that have a different life experience with or opinion on racism is wrong, or who genuinely believe this is a systemic problem is being an idiot.

I think anyone can tell their boss to go suck a lemon or twerk through the hallway. You would just be a moron but I doubt anything would happen to you.

What job do you work at that you would still keep your job? Fortune 500 no doubt🙄

Sure it's an A or B option. People that believe players can think and believe and say what they want if they don't hurt anyone, which the NFL clearly believes, too. And those that want others to believe only what they believe. It's rather obvious.

so this was a loaded question! Who knew?! They can think/believe whatever they want. But they represent the NFL/team shield when in uniform. It's idiotic the NFL lets them get away with this, and I can almost guarantee they will see an adverse effect on their viewership/profits. They have a right to take a stand, but the owners also have a right to fire an employee who is being a dumba$$

so this was a loaded question! Who knew?! They can think/believe whatever they want. But they represent the NFL/team shield when in uniform. It's idiotic the NFL lets them get away with this, and I can almost guarantee they will see an adverse effect on their viewership/profits. They have a right to take a stand, but the owners also have a right to fire an employee who is being a dumba$$

And yet no owner will. None. Zero. What does that tell you? That they support free speech? That they understand there is a race problem in the country? That they are capable of empathy? That they agree with their players and refute you?

See, the problem with this is we are only being spoon fed their side of the story. No one else, say a Police union group or something is allowed to stage a counter protest. Why should we just accept this ? It seems unamerican to not allow a counter protest. Good luck with getting approval for that. The players can believe what they want. I don't want to see it , hear it whatever. So why turn a football game into a political discourse exercise? Just move the players inside during the anthem like it used to be. Much better that way if they just want to take a unifying thing like the anthem and make it a divisive one. Keep them in the locker room until after or eliminate the anthem altogether.

If you would take the time to actually read what Kaepernick is doing and why he is doing it it would be obvious. You will deny its existence of course, which is exactly why I made the thread and poll.

I do not care what Kaepernick is doing or why he is doing it . He thinks Police officers are placed on admistratrative paid leave as " punishment". The guy is a simpleton.

And yet no owner will. None. Zero. What does that tell you? That they support free speech? That they understand there is a race problem in the country? That they are capable of empathy? That they agree with their players and refute you?

These owners have really painted themselves into a corner by allowing this nonsense in the first place. Now they have a fine line to walk between ticking off their idiot employees and some fans. Of course they are going to close ranks , " unify" and tweet platitudes. It's total garbage.

See, the problem with this is we are only being spoon fed their side of the story. No one else, say a Police union group or something is allowed to stage a counter protest. Why should we just accept this ? It seems unamerican to not allow a counter protest. Good luck with getting approval for that. The players can believe what they want. I don't want to see it , hear it whatever. So why turn a football game into a political discourse exercise? Just move the players inside during the anthem like it used to be. Much better that way if they just want to take a unifying thing like the anthem and make it a divisive one. Keep them in the locker room until after or eliminate the anthem altogether.

I do not care what Kaepernick is doing or why he is doing it . He thinks Police officers are placed on admistratrative paid leave as " punishment". The guy is a simpleton.

These owners have really painted themselves into a corner by allowing this nonsense in the first place. Now they have a fine line to walk between ticking off their idiot employees and some fans. Of course they are going to close ranks , " unify" and tweet platitudes. It's total garbage.

By saying Kaepernick is a simpleton you have shown you know nothing about this. Zero. And you embarrass yourself further by saying you don't even care what he says. And I'm not even in favor of him. I think he's wrong. You're just an ass because you refuse to try to understand why people think different.

Which, again, is the purpose of the poll.

Everyone should just make a simple a or b choice.

I'll start. I think I am right, but I also think it's more important that other people can have different experiences and ideas. I know that's completely nuts but that's how I feel.

Please, change that silly photo. It makes me want to kick a dog, and bothers me more than McD's clapping.

Thx!

By saying Kaepernick is a simpleton you have shown you know nothing about this. Zero. And you embarrass yourself further by saying you don't even care what he says. And I'm not even in favor of him. I think he's wrong. You're just an ass because you refuse to try to understand why people think different.

Sorry Kelly. The comment that Kaepernick made publicly about " paid leave" showed his lack of knowledge on the very thing he was protesting about. That made him a simpleton in my book. I really don't care what he says because I know enough about it to say I don't agree with it at all. I understand why he thinks what he thinks ( he is ill informed for starters) , but I know he is pretty much incorrect. I actually know quite a bit about it. I'm not embarrassed about it at all. There is likely no changing his mind and I don't care to. I just don't want to hear his opinion or any other players that think like him. I don't think it makes me an ass. Do you see any counter protestors next to these guys? They're likely not interested in my rebuttal either.

No, the purpose of your poll was to be devisive. You wanted to say, either you're a fascist or believe in free speech. And if you believe in free speech, you support these players. But this situation is a lot more complex than that, and yes, Kap is an idiot. So is his racist/hate filled girlfriend.

He is pretty sophisticated...

colin-kaepernick-socks.jpg