Rick Dennison

bobobonators

To your first point.... exactly why continuity on offense would've been the best thing for McDermott in his first year as head coach in Buffalo. Assuming this defense is solid all year the offense would continue to build off of the last two years and the team would be right in the thick of the playoff race all year long.

Unfortunately they did some strange things and I'm not quite sure what the plan is/was. Get older veteran players in here, and try to win but trade/not resign your good young talent and semi rebuild?

Not a clue what they are doing.

I think that doesn't just describe Bills fans vis-a-vis the personnel moves but the coaching staff as well. I think that the FO's agenda is simply that they don't want to pay even top players at certain positions, namely DB, RB, and WR. Even the extra money added to Shady's contract is likely to be a joke since it's all incentives which, given the scintillating offense Dennison's put together, he'll likely never reach.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't recall Dennisson ever lining up a squad that didn't require run game establishment to succeed. Even the playaction boots use identical zone run blocking to the runs. Or at least they did in '10-'13 in Houston.

And I'm skeptical that a lack of deep threat is THE problem as everyone is clamoring. From his days in Houston, think Arian foster, Matt Schaub, this brand of WCO is about moving chains, short stuff, 4YPC, digs and slants. I don't think they are dialing up that play.

Like a few prescient posters suggested, this may simply be a poor fit for Tyrod, who worked better from the pistol formation and shotgun. When the o line and run game can't get going, they need to switch it up.

I have posted this several times - I do not expect them to try and fit the offense to TT at all. He is a bridge to the next guy.

They are building their offense for the coming years and TT is not a part of that plan.

They were looking to bring in WCO slot WRs that can run a bunch of routes from all over the field. They are looking for RBs, FBs, and TEs that can run a and catch so they can utilize the entire width of the field. It is a very horizontal concept with multiple levels where you need your QB to read one guy and decide between 2 routes. This is not a fit for TT, but hopefully tells you what they are looking for in their next QB.

If they wanted to build for TT - the offense and the players need to be very different. Rex and Roman (& Lynn) were using TT as the QB of the future so they designed an offense to fit him.

I believe Dennison could build plays that better fit TT, but that destroys what they want. McD has repeatedly said they are building a team. They have a offense they want and are going to run it to try and determine who fits and who doesn't as they move forward. I think about 1/2 way through the season they will change QBs and we will see what looks like a totally different offense with a more rhythm passer.

I think they are trying to win with TT - a safe QB- but they do not want to build around him so they are trying to fit him into the concept they want run.

I was at the game. And I have it recorded on my phone. How's that for you?

On this day we remember your thought being shot down cold. RIP

I love when people who don't know what they're talking about, chiming in as if enlightened to the reality of the opposing poster. Just simple minds and simple excuses for someone not able to keep up with the conversation.

/Burn

nice....seriously. but really your ignoring mathews IS fast, so is zay and faster than the carolina receivers, also that NO WR gets open in the first 1.5 seconds, and if tighwad takes off running you dont ever see them get open, it usually happens in the 2.5- 3 seconds of a pass play. So while being at the game is cool (props), its still crap play calling and tightwads fear of a sack thats the real problem.

For example, play actions that have him rolling out keep him comfortable and these are plays where hes been known to crank one deep for a td. dennison needs to call these 5 times a game minimum.

Your are still only half enlightened.

nice....seriously. but really your ignoring mathews IS fast, so is zay and faster than the carolina receivers, also that NO WR gets open in the first 1.5 seconds, and if tighwad takes off running you dont ever see them get open, it usually happens in the 2.5- 3 seconds of a pass play. So while being at the game is cool (props), its still crap play calling and tightwads fear of a sack thats the real problem.

For example, play actions that have him rolling out keep him comfortable and these are plays where hes been known to crank one deep for a td. dennison needs to call these 5 times a game minimum.

Your are still only half enlightened.

enlighten yourself to grammar :🤣😭🤣. Ha. You're. Haha

It was one of those games where no matter what we tried Carolina answered. I need to watch the all22. I'm unsettled.

img_20170119_201925.jpg

:lol::lol:

"Rick Dennison is the offensive coordinator. He scripts the first 15 plays. The offense sucks in the first half. But don’t you worry, the second half is a whole new ball game.

The big adjustment? Head coach Gary Kubiak takes over the play calling. So, what exactly is Dennison’s job? Why allow him to call a bunch of inside zone runs, score a couple field goals, and go in at halftime behind by one score? Is the offensive coordinator position actually an internship? He only gets to call plays for one half because he can’t understand the complexities of a full game? Is this some sort of job training thing?"

https://www.milehighreport.com/2016/12/3/13827480/who-is-in-charge-of-the-offense

If/when we draft a QB with our first round pick, I'm not sure if this guy is going to be the one developing our future QB.

Tyrod and the offense go long stretches of poor football. Idk if its scheme if its Taylor or what. The offense has looked the same vs every good defense they have played in three years. Against Denver I would love to see something creative but I expect another shotty offensive performance. Taylor with the ball and a chance to win a game we have no purpose in winning, amd coming up short. The only way to take advantage of a stout defense is to spread them out. They are too fast a team to run the outside zone against. Go 3 to 4 wide. Force them out of there base d. If needed pass early in the game and on first down. Run run pass has nkt worked in the NFL in 20 years.