If the Colts really suck, would they trade Luck to Buffalo?

BADOLBILZ

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely silly.

Now if in April he said "I like Mayfield and would rather pick him than trade for Luck" and we pick Mayfield and Luck and his gigantic contract get traded to a different team and he turns his career around and Mayfield does terrible, then maybe you'd have a case. But it is not April right now so there is no need for him to define that tern within his argument. He is simply saying it is much easier to win if you have the luxury of having a good QB on a low salary. You know, like the Seahawks did with Wilson.

You can argue all you want about Luck's litany of excuses and it is possible that all of these excuses which keep piling up year after year have conspired against him and resulted in him not winning, but you cannot argue that his presence wouldn't limit a team due to his salary. It would.

I guess we'll have to wait three years to know if he's right.

Obviously, it's easier to win with good players on low salaries. What a novel concept. Can we move beyond first-grade analysis?

And that would be dumb. Why gut your team for one player? You end up with the Colts version 2.

I'm pretty confident none of them will be on the Bills in 3 years time, regardless of whether my dumb hypothetical trade happens. So if you think they comprise the guts of the roster you're in for a rough couple of seasons after 2018.

Not worth the money, just an average QB

What has he done that has been so great in this league, he is not a franchise QB

Well,for starters, Cousins has thrown for 9,000 yards and 54 TDs in the past two seasons. That sounds like a better than average QB to me. Do you agree?