March Movies Which One Do You Want To See The Most

If this is anything like years past, my favorite movie of the year will end up being a small independent movie that I haven't even heard of yet, like Sideways.

261436[/snapback]

Right on, bro.......Sideways was amazingly good. It's pretty awesome what can happen when you actually focus more on good scripts, good acting, and good direction. I love indy films.

By the way, an indy film that is a lot of fun that (seeingly) many have never herad of is 'Bubba Ho-Tep'.......I'm pretty sure Bills Guy from Malta has seen it, but don't know of anyone else on here who has commented. It's very odd, but also very original and enjoyable :ph34r:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has a couple dvds out, I think.....but the one you want is the one that came out in the fall of last year.....it's called 'The Best of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog'....

It's a GREAT dvd.....

.....for me to POOP on!!!!!    :ph34r:

261415[/snapback]

Thx again, now ordered on on its way to my VA home, and at only $14 a vertible steal!!! Is Conans' show always this funny?

Thx again, now ordered on on its way to my VA home, and at only $14 a vertible steal!!! Is Conans' show always this funny?

261447[/snapback]

More than welcome........I hope you post your thoughts of it after you see it......I'd love to hear what you think!

Personally I like Conan, but I don't think I'd find a 'Best of Conan' dvd anywhere near as funny as the Triumph. The Triumph guy is just WAY over the top, as you'll soon see for yourself :ph34r:

And you're right, $14 is a great deal for that dvd.....gotta love Amazon :lol:

261447[/snapback]

Is conan always THAT funny? Not quite. But he is by FAR the funniest of all the late night guys. I don't know if he can get away with more because he is on so late, or just the fact that he is hilarious, but his "In the Year 2000" skit is awesome. (he started it back in 1998 or so, and predicted the amazing things that would happen in the year 2000 - a whole 2 years away! ... the best part is, he continues to do it now! In the year 2000, and then shows some incredible futuristic invention)..

Right on, bro.......Sideways was amazingly good. It's pretty awesome what can happen when you actually focus more on good scripts, good acting, and good direction. I love indy films.

By the way, an indy film that is a lot of fun that (seeingly) many have never herad of is 'Bubba Ho-Tep'.......I'm pretty sure Bills Guy from Malta has seen it, but don't know of anyone else on here who has commented. It's very odd, but also very original and enjoyable :ph34r:

261445[/snapback]

I have heard of that and I want to see it. I am glad you reminded me. I heard that is one strange comedy. It has Ossie Davis too, he just passed away. Perfect time to see it. In honor of Ossie.

BTW, I am sure you were bitter that Giamatti was passsed over for the best actor nomination. I was very pissed. How could that happen? He made that movie!

I have heard of that and I want to see it. I am glad you reminded me.  I heard that is one strange comedy. It has Ossie Davis too, he just passed away. Perfect time to see it. In honor of Ossie.

BTW, I am sure you were bitter that Giamatti was passsed over for the best actor nomination. I was very pissed. How could that happen? He made that movie!

261478[/snapback]

Yeah, I was very disappointed to hear that he had passed away......was quite unexpected from what I understand. He was a very, very talented guy :lol:

I tend to love films that are original and off the beaten path. 'Bubba Ho-Tep' definitely falls into that category. It was very creative and funny, and oddly enough it is a very subtle social commentary on how we treat the elderly. I won't go into it much since I know you haven't seen it, but Bruce Campbell does a very convincing job playing Elvis. If you end up liking the film, check out the Bruce Campbell commentary in the extras section. I hardly ever watch commentaries, but he does it in character and it's really pretty funny.......at least I thought so :ph34r:

EDIT: I agree with you about Giamatti.......I love that guy. He's great in just about everything he does. And yeah, I definitely felt as though he deserved an Oscar nomination. Though I'm just glad that the movie got as much attention as it did.......probably a lot of people got to see that film who may not have heard of it otherwise, you know? Great movie..........

SF Bills Fan Posted Today, 05:05 PM

There are a few movies this year that I am really looking forward too. The King Kong remake by Peter Jackson, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (this looks awesome), Revenge of the Sith (obviously), Land of the Dead (the 4th and final in the Living Dead series by Romero). War of the Worlds shows promise, but I less enthused for some reason.

If this is anything like years past, my favorite movie of the year will end up being a small independent movie that I haven't even heard of yet, like Sideways.

I'm not sure what Pixar has on tap, but that's usually a can't miss either.

SF, have you seen any of the concept art for King Kong? That movie is going to F*@&ING ROCK. It will not be known as Jackson's follow-up to Lord of the Rings.

The plans that WETA has for not only Kong but also for the dinosaurs will be awesome.

WETA is also doing the effects for The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe, which should be very good too. That movie comes out a week and a half after Kong.

It's going to be a great summer & holiday season for movies this year.

Yeah, I was very disappointed to hear that he had passed away......was quite unexpected from what I understand. He was a very, very talented guy  :lol:

I tend to love films that are original and off the beaten path. 'Bubba Ho-Tep' definitely falls into that category. It was very creative and funny, and oddly enough it is a very subtle social commentary on how we treat the elderly. I won't go into it much since I know you haven't seen it, but Bruce Campbell does a very convincing job playing Elvis. If you end up liking the film, check out the Bruce Campbell commentary in the extras section. I hardly ever watch commentaries, but he does it in character and it's really pretty funny.......at least I thought so :ph34r:

EDIT:  I agree with you about Giamatti.......I love that guy. He's great in just about everything he does. And yeah, I definitely felt as though he deserved an Oscar nomination. Though I'm just glad that the movie got as much attention as it did.......probably a lot of people got to see that film who may not have heard of it otherwise, you know?  Great movie..........

261492[/snapback]

Ossie Davis was not only a fine actor, but he did alot for the advancement of civil rights. He was a quiet and determined crusader, he didn't slam his politics at you like other actors do. I like that.

I like moves that have well developed and interesting characters. That's why I liked Sideways. I think those guys were very realistic. When I first saw it, I couldn't figure out how those guys could be friends. They didn't seem alike at all. But, when you put the two together, you had a whole person. I think many guys see that movie and see themselves a bit. That's scary but it's true. My hat goes off (again) to my favorite movie of last year.

ajzepp Posted Today, 05:11 PM

QUOTE(SF Bills Fan @ Mar 3 2005, 05:05 PM)

By the way, an indy film that is a lot of fun that (seeingly) many have never herad of is 'Bubba Ho-Tep'.......I'm pretty sure Bills Guy from Malta has seen it, but don't know of anyone else on here who has commented. It's very odd, but also very original and enjoyable 

aj, I've seen Bubba, and I was surprised at how good it was. It's funny, campy, bizarre, and dramatic all at once.

Thanks for mentioning The Jacket, earlier. I would have put down some indy films coming out, but there are far too many, and they all start off in limited release, so I just decided to go with the mainstreams.

Ossie Davis was not only a fine actor, but he did alot for the advancement of civil rights. He was a quiet and determined crusader, he didn't slam his politics at you like other actors do. I like that. 

I like moves that have well developed and interesting characters. That's why I liked Sideways. I think those guys were very realistic. When I first saw it, I couldn't figure out how those guys could be friends. They didn't seem alike at all. But, when you put the two together, you had a whole person. I think many guys see that movie and see themselves a bit. That's scary but it's true. My hat goes off (again) to my favorite movie of last year.

261513[/snapback]

Wow, great post.......I couldn't agree more!

aj, I've seen Bubba, and I was surprised at how good it was. It's funny, campy, bizarre, and dramatic all at once.

Thanks for mentioning The Jacket, earlier. I would have put down some indy films coming out, but there are far too many, and they all start off in limited release, so I just decided to go with the mainstreams.

261517[/snapback]

You got that right.......that's one of the drawbacks of Indy films......there are so many and there is so little buzz that you kind of have to wait until they get some steam from such places as Sundance and Cannes. I only heard of 'The Jacket' cause Netflix sent me a blurb on it and I followed up with some of the feedback on it. Additionally, Adrien Brody is one of my favorite actors.

Glad someone else on here can chime in on 'Bubba'.......I totally agree with you......that movie had a little bit of everything lol

One problem with these independent movies, and I discussed this with stuckincincy a while back, is that in smaller markets, it can be much harder to see them. Let's take Sideways. Here in San Francisco which is obviously a bigger market, it had no problem finding a theatre to show it when it was brand new and had that buzz surrounding it. I could walk to the theatres to see it. Stuckincincy told me he had to drive 20 miles if he wanted to see it. I guarantee you that in a place like Buffalo, you wouldn't be able to see that until weeks after it's release. In some cases, forget about it. The movie will never make it to a venue. If Sideways had not garnered alot of Oscar buzz, I'm sure it would have not been seen by much of America outside of NYC, LA, San Francisco, Chicago and some other larger markets. That is a shame.

One problem with these independent movies, and I discussed this with stuckincincy a while back, is that in smaller markets, it can be much harder to see them. Let's take Sideways. Here in San Francisco which is obviously a bigger market, it had no problem finding a theatre to show it when it was brand new and had that buzz surrounding it. I could walk to the theatres to see it. Stuckincincy told me he had to drive 20 miles if he wanted to see it. I guarantee you that in a place like Buffalo, you wouldn't be able to see that until weeks after it's release. In some cases, forget about it. The movie will never make it to a venue. If Sideways had not garnered alot of Oscar buzz, I'm sure it would have not been seen by much of America outside of NYC, LA, San Francisco, Chicago  and some other larger markets. That is a shame.

261572[/snapback]

Yep, very true. I have a similar advantage living down here in Atlanta. That's part of the reason why I think Netflix can be so valuable for folks. It's much easier to track down some of the good indy films through them than it is to do so at Blockbuster or some other rental place.

I saw the trailer for The Pacifier.  It looks kind of like The Great Santini meets Big Daddy:ph34r:

261360[/snapback]

Went to see a movie that had the trailer for The Pacifier. Frickin' people were pissing themselves with laughter over it. How many times can Hollywood re-hash this "tough guy gets forced to watch kids then realizes all he wants in life is to be a stay at home mom" story line?

There is a movie coming out this month called 'The Jacket' with Adrien Brody.....supposed to be pretty good.......just wanted to give the indy films a little air time B-)

261384[/snapback]

Not sure if a film starring Brody, with as much publicity as it has gotten, can really be considered Indy. Are you sure this is independant?

Not sure if a film starring Brody, with as much publicity as it has gotten, can really be considered Indy. Are you sure this is independant?

262435[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure it is, cause it was featured at Sundance. Is it getting a lot of publicity where you are???

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

262250[/snapback]

B-):o:lol::lol::D

Im still laughing as well. Hope the DVD gets deliverd by Tuesday. Going skiing for three days at Wintergreen. Cant believe we still have some snow in the Blue Ridge