College Football idea

Kirby Jackson

With so much focus on the 2018 draft I thought that maybe it would be wise to keep a thread running throughout the year like we usually do but with a twist. I'm not sure that I want to own it so we would need volunteers. The general premise is to list the schedule: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ncaa.com/amp/news/football/article/2017-08-26/college-football-week-1-tv-schedule-and-timesof games and then have someone identify the players to be watching each week. It will help give the casual fans a guide to potential Bills players in the future. With at least 6 picks in the first 100 and potential for another I think that it will be fun. Not everyone will commit to a bunch of games on Saturday but this may be a decent guide to players to watch each week. Usually we just turn into the top games but as an example people may want to watch Mayfield vs. UTEP or Darnold vs. Western Michigan instead of Michigan - Florida or ND - Temple?

Just thinking out loud and maybe it starts with a list of the top 100 players and we identify when they play and on which network. It will give us a chance to have some strong and educated opinions come draft time. I know there are a lot of players that I want to see more of this year (especially at QB). Maybe it is as simple as "10 to watch" each week? Thoughts???

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I like this idea. I usually post the games that Bills scouts are going to every Saturday, it gives some insight into who they are looking at. I can continue to do that. I watch mostly Big 10 and can look through the top 100 and identify the games each week for the Big 10 players on that list.

I like this idea. I usually post the games that Bills scouts are going to every Saturday, it gives some insight into who they are looking at. I can continue to do that. I watch mostly Big 10 and can look through the top 100 and identify the games each week for the Big 10 players on that list.

If it works we can even get into matchups. As an example let's watch Courtland Sutton against UCONN. They have a DB that is fairly highly though of. Let's see how those guys compete. Maybe we will see Christian Wilkins vs. a pro easy interior OL? Just thinking out loud and it is conceptual at the moment. Kind of a Bills fan guide to the college football season.

I know that this has been moved to the CFB board, but I kindly request we have one ongoing CFB thread on the main board, especially this season? I understand keeping certain CFB threads over there, but I think one thread on the main board to follow Bills draft prospects in particular is ideal. Many Bills fans who don't regularly follow CFB do not think to visit the CFB board just as many don't visit OTW, PPP, etc.

I know that this has been moved to the CFB board, but I kindly request we have one ongoing CFB thread on the main board, especially this season? I understand keeping certain CFB threads over there, but I think one thread on the main board to follow Bills draft prospects in particular is ideal. Many Bills fans who don't regularly follow CFB do not think to visit the CFB board just as many don't visit OTW, PPP, etc.

Agreed, I think that it makes sense as a pinned thread on the main board if people want to do it.

I like this idea

Week 1 schedule - draft eligible names to watch per a combination of cfb top 150 players, and mock drafts. This is Big 10 games only, and their opponents. Star notes my own endorsement player as NFL prospect. No star means I either don't endorse , haven't watched closely enough, or they haven't played enough yet for evaluation.

8/31

OSU at IU 8pm ESPN (MegaCast on all ESPN channels - coach's film room version on ESPN News would be a good one if interested in any of these players)

IU -

Tegray Scales LB*

Simmie Cobbs, Jr. WR*

OSU -

Mike Weber, Jr. RB*

Sam Hubbard DE/OLB*

JT Barrett, QB

Denzel Ward, CB*

Jerome Baker, LB*

Billy Price, C*

Tyquan Lewis, DE*

Dre'Mont Jones, DT*

Jamarco Jones, OT*

Parris Campbell, WR

Damon Webb, S

Washington at Rutgers 8pm Fox Sports 1

Washington-

Jake Browning, QB

Vita Vea, DT

Dante Pettis, WR

Azeem Taylor, LB

Miles Gaskin, RB

JoJo McIntosh, S

Trey Adams, OT

9/1

Utah St at Wisconsin 9pm ESPN

Wisc - Troy Fumigalli, TE*

9/2

Wyoming @ Iowa 12pm BTN

Wyoming-Josh Allen, QB

Iowa- Josey Jewell, LB*

BGSU @ MSU 12pm ESPNU

MSU-

Brian Allen, C

LJ Scott, RB*

Akron @ PSU 12pm ABC

PSU-

Mike Gesicki, TE*

Deebo Samuel, WR

DaeSean Hamilton, WR

Marcus Allen, S

Saquan Barkley, RB*

Trace McSorley, QB

Michigan @ Florida 3:30pm ABC

Michigan-

Maurice Hurst, DT*

Wilton Speight, QB*

Florida -

Martez Ivey, G

Duke Dawson, CB

Edited by YoloinOhio

No star means I either don't endorse , haven't watched closely enough, or they haven't played enough yet for evaluation.

Trace McSorley, QB

No love for McSorely?

Granted I got the Penn St fanboy glasses but compare that 2015 offense with Barkley at RB and NFL prospect 2nd round QB Christian Hackenberg vs their 2016 offense with Barkley at RB and McSorely at QB. 2015 offense centered around handing the ball off and in the event CH dropped back, praying that he didn't get sacked or picked. The 2016 offense was way more explosive and fun to watch :D

McSorely got game. Dunno if it will translate to the NFL but he's got the skills for the NCAAF spread offense

I'm happy to get involved with this. I did something similar on a smaller scale for BillsWire last season. Players in areas of perceived current/future needs, outstanding talents etc. Biggest issue for me is working out which games are being screened nationally as I can't make head nor tails of your broadcasting scheduling.

I think we all know that I'm good for some obscure names, especially from the early cupcake games :D

No love for McSorely?

Granted I got the Penn St fanboy glasses but compare that 2015 offense with Barkley at RB and NFL prospect 2nd round QB Christian Hackenberg vs their 2016 offense with Barkley at RB and McSorely at QB. 2015 offense centered around handing the ball off and in the event CH dropped back, praying that he didn't get sacked or picked. The 2016 offense was way more explosive and fun to watch :D

McSorely got game. Dunno if it will translate to the NFL but he's got the skills for the NCAAF spread offense

I watched the games of his on Draft Breakdown last week. He's one of those guys that I want to see out his eligibility but he'll probably declare early just to piss me off.

If you just watch him at the end of the season, he looks like a stud. Ball was flying out of his hand vs Wisconsin.

Edited by Blokestradamus

No love for McSorely?

just as an NFL prospect. He's a really good cfb player. Reminds me of manziel (on field). Maybe he shows me more this year though (as an NFL prospect)

Btw I like Iowa's RB Wadley a lot but he wasn't on the top 150

I'll do what I can to contribute, although honestly I do not know as much about the college players pre-draft like most of you do.

I mostly learn about players as the season advances, but I'll add what I can.

Anyone have a breakdown for this Saturday's Alabama-Florida State game?

Anyone have a breakdown for this Saturday's Alabama-Florida State game?

FSU WR Auden Tate vs Bama CB Anthony Averett could be a really fun matchup. Tate started to break out last year and at 6'5", 225, he's a big unit.

Players that I'm watching out for:

Alabama

WR Calvin Ridley

LT Jonah Williams (beast)

Mike LB Shaun Dion Hamilton

S Ronnie Harrison

S Minkah Fitzpatrick

FSU

QB Deondre Francois

WR Auden Tate

NT Derrick Nnadi

DE Josh Sweat

CB Tarvarus McFadden

S Derwin James

In the way down the line draft watch, FSU RB Cam Akers & Bama WR Jerry Jeudy. Both freshmen.

@BruceFeldmanCFB

#UF RB Jordan Scarlett (889 rush yds) has also been suspended indefinitely & will miss the #Michigan game for violating team rules.

@APMarkLong

Gators RB Scarlett and WR Wells also involved in the debit card scam that has seven others suspended for opener vs Michigan

Edited by Blokestradamus

I stuck to the top 150 and 2018 mock drafts (which only go up to 2 rounds at this point) on my games but there are 2019 eligible guys to watch like Rashan Gary (DT, UM) and Nick Bosa (DL, OSU), 2020 eligible JK Dobbins (RB OSU), Chase Young (DL, OSU). and a number of other 2018 eligible Buckeyes I have my eye on even though they didn't make the list - Jalyn Holmes, DE (freak), Chris Worley, MLB, Marcus Baugh, TE, Johnnie Dixon, WR, Kendall Sheffield, CB

Edited by YoloinOhio

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.