Tyrod in Concussion protocol (update - Cleared 9/5)

YoloinOhio

So, Peterman didn't win the QB competition and Taylor is our starting QB?

Shocking. I guess I've officially won a bet I made another poster right after we drafted Peterman that Taylor would be our starter week 1, barring injury.

We bet $100, but I don't want to take money because I just think it was a really bad bet on behalf of the other poster. So, what do you guys think I should make him put in his sig?

On a side note, can't wait to see what happens with this offense on Sunday and what wrinkles Dennison throws in there! 5 more days!!!

Edited by transplantbillsfan

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Peterman didn't win the QB competition and Taylor is our starting QB?

Shocking. I guess I've officially won a bet I made another poster right after we drafted Peterman that Taylor would be our starter week 1, barring injury.

We bet $100, but I don't want to take money because I just think it was a really bad bet on behalf of the other poster. So, what do you guys think I should make him put in his sig?

On a side note, can't wait to see what happens with this offense on Sunday and what wrinkles Dennison throws in there! 5 more days!!!

Make him use that $100 to buy a Tyrod jersey and he should wear it week 1. He is a Bills fan I assume.

I'm always on mobile so I never see sigs. I'd probably make him swear to never discuss the Bills QB situation again. I don't know who it is but if we could have one less person saying the same thing in every thread it would be a win.

IF the lock solid plan was to draft a QB in 18 why draft a QB this season when they already had a starter in TT?

There are plenty of other need positions on the team.

Because they planned on getting rid of Cardale Jones (drafted by previous regime)? The way things have gone this offseason, it's kind of surprising that McD went along with keeping Tyrod.

and you are?

no, you're not. since peterman had such a stellar preseason you have jumped ship on a guy you propped up all off season. I was simply adding to yet another of your many posts on the subject, that preseason is not enough to be so high on the rookie or, in your case give up on the starter, which you have done. I understand, you're desperate as most are for a QB so putting all your hope in to the rookie while believing he is the long term answer is no surprise

I explained my position on the topic once and you gave me a thumbs up by way of acknowledgment so go figure.

Is your memory that bad?

Edited by Figster

There are a lot of bad memories

Here's one I hope we can soon forget from the last 3 weeks.

In three preseason games, ______ completed 48 percent of his passes for 100 yards, two interceptions and a 27.9 quarterback rating.

Trollin' on the River. 5 days!

It has more to do with Taylor not appearing to be in Buffalo's long term future then anything and If thats the case evaluating Peterman serves more of a purpose IMO

Thumbup19%5B1%5D.gif

Here, let me help you

Edited by Figster

Trollin' on the River. 5 days!

Posting stats is trolling?

You want trolling...........

All I have to say is that TT better have the game of his life.

If he has crappy stats get ready to defend 100s of post from the real haters.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

There are a lot of bad memories

Here's one I hope we can soon forget from the last 3 weeks.

In three preseason games, ______ completed 48 percent of his passes for 100 yards, two interceptions and a 27.9 quarterback rating.

Go ahead trash me for posting stats.

Fortunately the preseason is over. You can go back to cheering for the starters. If we based things on the preseason we'd have Joe Banyard carrying the ball backed up by Jonathan Williams, Taiwan Jones and Tolbert. Peterman throwing it and Reilly, Shorts and Philly Brown as the top 3 receivers with Logan Thomas at TE.

He did in the last meaningful game that he played... Edited by Kirby Jackson

Posting preseason stats that don't mean anything with the real season on the horizon just for a reaction after your boy didn't win the QB job is trolling and frankly it's rather pathetic.

Fortunately the preseason is over. You can go back to cheering for the starters. If we based things on the preseason we'd have Joe Banyard carrying the ball backed up by Jonathan Williams, Taiwan Jones and Tolbert. Peterman throwing it and Reilly, Shorts and Philly Brown as the top 3 receivers with Logan Thomas at TE.

He did in the last meaningful game that he played...

The Miami game the other one Seattle.

2 great games a season doesn't cut it.

I know you agree with that.

It cracks me up every year, fans saying other fans aren't really fans because the other fans want the team to finally bottom out, get the first pick every round and completely rebuild. Listen, for those rah rah, Cobra Kai never want a loss folks, great on you. We need you, really. That said there are many of us fans, some of us 30+ years and never wavered, get the fact that this "re tooling" BS every year leads no where.

I for one look at a long term picture, same one for 17+ years with nothing but futility but I digress. I want the team to crap out this year. I want the #1 pick in each round period. I want Brandon Beane to have that fire power and ammo to be able to FINALLY start a true rebuild of this team. I don't give a damn what our record is in 2017/2018 if we see new blood and talent that is progressing and we FINALLY (OH PLEASE GOD!!!) try to address Franchise QB. Not keep putting these career backups out there praying that if you polish the turd enough, it will shine.

Now does that mean we hit on that pick, absolutely not, BUT at some point you must pull the trigger. If I am correct, the Buffalo Bills have never, in the age of the modern draft, used a top 10 pick on a QB. Sure as heck not a top 5. Way past time we did that. You MUST take the chance, but to take the chance you gotta draft high.

Now on another note, does a Franchise QB guarantee you a superbowl/ Superbowl win? NO it does not. But NFL history shows that outside of a couple "prefect storms" you must have one in order to have a chance.

So yes I am a die hard Bills fan, have been since Jim Kelly joined the team in 86', and YES I hope our record this year is crappy enough to give Beane that #1 pick so we can have a shot at trying to turn this thing around finally.

Where you pick a guy doesn't matter as much as picking the right guy. In the great class of 1983, Todd Blackledge and Tony Eason were taken before Marino. Tim Couch and Jemarcus Russell were #1 overall picks. Ryan Leaf and Rick Mirer were #2 picks, taken after Peyton Manning and Drew Bledsoe respectively. Joe Montana was a 3rd round pick, and of course Brady a 6th rounder.

Posting preseason stats that don't mean anything with the real season on the horizon just for a reaction after your boy didn't win the QB job is trolling and frankly it's rather pathetic.

Do you really know how hypocritical you are?

You throw out Petermans 50% passing # frequently.

What makes you better at it than anyone else?

Oh

H. I forgot

Loving Ms Peterman.

Do you really know how hypocritical you are?

You throw out Petermans 50% passing # frequently.

What makes you better at it than anyone else?

Wrong! I have posted over and over again that preseason stats don't matter.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

The Miami game the other one Seattle.

2 great games a season doesn't cut it.

I know you agree with that.

You said that he "needs to play the bigggest game of his life." That's a bit of hyperbole but the most recent meaningful game that he played was the best of his life. Things are looking up for you.

Again PROVE that I said Nate would win the #1 spot.

You are making stuff up.

You said that he "needs to play the bigggest game of his life." That's a bit of hyperbole but the most recent meaningful game that he played was the best of his life. Things are looking up for you.

I was accused of trolling.

I posted an example of trolling. Seems I hit a bullseye.

Stats don't matter so do we use the eye test?

Wrong! I have posted over and over again that preseason stats don't matter.

Are you denying you mentioned Nates stats against the 2s and 3s?

For him 29 actual NFL games in the regular season means nothing. 2017 pre season does however. Shady is a good name.

Again PROVE that I said Nate would win the #1 spot.

You are making stuff up.

I was accused of trolling.

I posted an example of trolling. Seems I hit a bullseye.

Stats don't matter so do we use the eye test?

Are you denying you mentioned Nates stats against the 2s and 3s?

Stats would have supported it. The Miami game was the best of Tyrod's career and one of the best offensive performances for the Bills ever.