Steptide

Which QB  

449 members have voted

1. 1. So who's YOUR starting qb?

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The notion any HC or GM would telegraph to the fan base/public the possibility of making a change at the QB position before its made is not the way its done. Why divide a locker room.

You get that right?

If Peterman deserved to start, he would be with no allegiance to Tyrod and the players would see it with no problem. You get that?

Buying into the system is not necessarily buying into one guy

Some of these players have seen what TT can do and they just might be ready to move on.

Have you thought of that?

You make a good point because the play makers on your football team want the football.

There is approximately zero chance barring injury that Peterman starts over TT.

I love what he did. He really looked surprisingly calm and in charge as a rookie. But do people even realize that he had a 54% completion which is lousy, 5.74 I think ypa which is lousy, 1 TD which isn't great (although it was a great pass), did not fair well under pressure, had a 75 passer rating which is lousy, didn't complete one pass over 22 yards which is scary since that was his Achilles heel?

He looked good at one third of the QB duties.

KTD, I think you and I agree on most things and I respect your posts. My question is a serious one ... how many QB duties does Tyrod look good at after 6 years in the league.

The only one I can think of is his deep ball. Unfortunately, he only throws it when he knows a Bills receiver is the only one who can possibly catch it.

I can't think of another QB duty that he does well.

KTD, I think you and I agree on most things and I respect your posts. My question is a serious one ... how many QB duties does Tyrod look good at after 6 years in the league.

The only one I can think of is his deep ball. Unfortunately, he only throws it when he knows a Bills receiver is the only one who can possibly catch it.

Doesn't turn the ball over.

Doesn't turn the ball over.

At what expense, though? Good QBs take chances. He never does and that's one reason he can't lead the team from behind.

Peterman Posse Persistence. :thumbsup:

This has nothing to do with Peterman. I'm talking about Tyrod Taylor. :thumbsup:

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/195670-so-whos-your-starting-qb/page-33?do=findComment&comment=4506954

At what expense, though? Good QBs take chances. He never does and that's one reason he can't lead the team from behind.

This has nothing to do with Peterman. I'm talking about Tyrod Taylor. :thumbsup:

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/195670-so-whos-your-starting-qb/page-33?do=findComment&comment=4506954

Did I quote you? No!

He protects the ball as well as anyone in the league. He's obviously a great runner, which is a QB trait, a great scrambler, very good at throwing on the run, is a very good ball handler, he's tough.

He's clearly not a great quarterback. He has several flaws. But he is also just a unique one that it doesn't do much good to hold up to conventional QB traits.

He protects the ball as well as anyone in the league. He's obviously a great runner, which is a QB trait, a great scrambler, very good at throwing on the run, is a very good ball handler, he's tough.

He's clearly not a great quarterback. He has several flaws. But he is also just a unique one that it doesn't do much good to hold up to conventional QB traits.

I won't deny any of those things.

My issue is why he throws on the run, why he scrambles and why he runs. My answer to why (which is purely opinion) is that it's because he's indecisive, cannot read defenses and bails on plays too quickly.

I know part of my dislike for Tyrod's play is that I am a fan of the traditional pocket passer. I like them because they are the ones who get the job done on a more consistent basis.

Of course mobility is a must in today's league (unless you're name is Brady, of course), but it can't be your best trait, in my opinion.

My issue is why he throws on the run, why he scrambles and why he runs. My answer to why (which is purely opinion) is that it's because he's indecisive, cannot read defenses and bails on plays too quickly.

I know part of my dislike for Tyrod's play is that I am a fan of the traditional pocket passer. I like them because they are the ones who get the job done on a more consistent basis.

Of course mobility is a must in today's league (unless you're name is Brady, of course), but it can't be your best trait, in my opinion.

There are three dozen quarterbacks in the league who are better pocket passers than him. But in my opinion you can win with him, and you can't win with two dozen of the three dozen. You I assume don't believe you can win with him. That's cool. It's just an opinion like mine.

There are three dozen quarterbacks in the league who are better pocket passers than him. But in my opinion you can win with him, and you can't win with two dozen of the three dozen. You I assume don't believe you can win with him. That's cool. It's just an opinion like mine.

I think we can only win against very bad teams with him. I also think we can only win with him if every other unit on the team does well.

Do I want, or expect, another Tom Brady? No. I'm not unreasonable, nor am I unrealistic.

What I do want, however, is for the Bills to have a QB who can - when necessary; not every week - carry the team on his back and snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat.

I don't know one Bills fan (not related to Tyrod Taylor) who could honestly say he or she is confident when Tyrod takes the field with under two minutes and down by 4.

I just know the Bills need a better QB in order to win games against better teams - which nearly every playoff team has to do at least a couple times/year.

This is accurate and backed by many analysts .. so not sure why we want to settle for mediocre ... does anyone think there is some greater ceiling for TT that we haven't seen already?