Sunny Mexico......

After reading that depressing thread about how life is going to end in 10 years, I thought I'd just bask in my reckless youth for a moment. Spring break starts tommorrow at 7am for me and my buddies. Four of us heading to Puerto Vallarta for a week of straight chaos. The weather sucks, work sucks, ND basketball sucks, the Bills won't sign anyone or do anything news worthy.....but its all just an afterthought.

Now here is where I need you all. Give me your spring break stories. Where did you go? What crazy stupid sh-- did you do? It's just gonna pump me up more. Plus those of you who are feeling old, this will make you remember your glory days. I went to Negril freshman year and it was the craziest week of my life. damn cant wait

bring em on guys! :(

After reading that depressing thread about how life is going to end in 10 years, I thought I'd just bask in my reckless youth for a moment. Spring break starts tommorrow at 7am for me and my buddies. Four of us heading to Puerto Vallarta for a week of straight chaos. The weather sucks, work sucks, ND basketball sucks, the Bills won't sign anyone or do anything news worthy.....but its all just an afterthought.

Now here is where I need you all. Give me your spring break stories. Where did you go? What crazy stupid sh-- did you do? It's just gonna pump me up more. Plus those of you who are feeling old, this will make you remember your glory days. I went to Negril freshman year and it was the craziest week of my life. damn cant wait

bring em on guys! :(

261099[/snapback]

The bachelor parties that I go to these days are far worse and more evil (in a good way) than any spring breaks I went on. More cash and wisdom = more evil. I think bachelor parties are the "spring break" for guys like me and my friends whose lives are now filled with obligations.

That said, have a blast and drink many Pacificos. Don't walk down any dark alleys and make sure you keep it safe. Mexican strippers a dirty girls. Pura vida amigo!

My last spring break was in high school (in college, we were broke, and the only thing we did was go to Boston one year, which was crazy, but for another time). Anyway, let's just say my last Spring Break included housing a wanted felon in our motel room, two 17 (did i say 17, i mean EIGHTEEN, 18) year old girls making out on one of our beds, a 350lb black man volunteering to guard our hotel room (which he did, the entire week, just sat there and acted as our bouncer, and we still don't know why), and three visits from the cops, the final one ending with the aforementioned felon leaving in handcuffs.

Seriously. And it was as much fun as should be allowed in one week.

5 Spring Breaks in My life

Senior Year of High School - Daytona Beach for two weeks, absolutely insane, crazy wet t-shirt contests, sketchy motel, 12 packs of natural ice,

Sophomore Year of College - Cancun I, the year before Cancun went insane, met Tupenga, even crazier wet t-shirt contests, out until 6 up at 8, best time ever

Junior Year of College - Cancun II, the year Cancun went from popular, to "the" place to be, 40's in the streets at 5 AM with hundreds of people just hanging out, Carson Daly hammered tell us not to take pictures of him, brought a camcorder, film should be burned

Senior Year of College - Clearwater Beach, FL, low key but still fun, not as many people and a lot of young kids, no car made it tough, wandered around some scary parts of Clearwater in order to find the Original Hooters

First Year Out - Panama City Beach, FL, different than Cancun, but just as crazy, playing beer pong on the beach, friends getting arrested, free beers at 10 AM at Club La Vela, followed up with 151 soaked daiquiris, having money changed Spring Break a lot...

I never had money in college either but would work all year to save up money for spring break or by the end just start charging things.

Words of advice, don't pee in public, be wary of the locals, bring all your money in cash, travelers checks don't get the same exchange rate, and look into the tour company before you go...ours went bankrupt while we were down there...

and look into the tour company before you go...ours went bankrupt while we were down there...

261383[/snapback]

:ph34r: wow.

Yeah, I had my fair share of shady dealing in Jamaica. Some f'd up sh*t down there. I've heard Vallarta is more resortish though.

You must be a rich kid. i never had the money in college to go on spring break. then again, my entire YEAR was liek spring break the way I used to party.

261347[/snapback]

Whatya nuts. Back in da day, we went to Lauderdale. One of my best friends lived in a bread truck at school, which was an upgrade from the tepee he lived in for two years, and we drove that rig down there two years in a row. We had a homemade beermeister in our house at school, which we adapted for the step van. Both times left PA, Slippery Rock to be exact, with less than $150.00 in my pocket and had great times. Back then they let you sleep on the beach, just kicked you off at dawn.

At the Candy Store, they had a daily contest in the pool that invloved swimming and chugging, and being a group of alcolohic water polo players, we tended to win those. Lots of stories, but to answer Joes post, the last year there we ran out of money. Had to day labor to get enough money to get back home. Don't know if any of you all have ever done that, but it was an education. After what they charged to get us to the work site, taking out taxes, the ride back and other assorted charges, sweated my ass off in Florida working a jack hammer for what amounted to 2.36/hr. Had to do it for three days, all of us, to have enough cash to get home.

But damn, it was fun, and our van was even in People magazine in the 84 feature on spring break. My parents were so proud!!!!

BTW have a great time and enjoy the hell out of your college time. Still laugh my ass off with my buddies telling our old stories

bring em on guys! ;)

261099[/snapback]

I just got back from Puerto Vallarta a couple hours ago. Where are you staying?

Let's see, shots of tequila Wednesday night, horseback riding from Mismaloya beach, up the river into the Sierra Madres (El Eden) on Thursday, went out that night for buckets of beer at the Zoo until 2:30 Friday morning, and here I am 24 hours later, back on the wall. It sucked getting back into Rochester, almost midnight and SNOW everywhere, still wearing shorts and sandals! ;);)

Feeling old? I am only 51, and no thanks! :lol:

Hope you enjoy yourself in PVA. Just got back myself. A word of warning for you in case you're staying at the Villa Del Palmar resort. It's a 5-star resort, right on the ocean....beautiful. Great pool and amenities. The food was wonderful and plentiful; as was the tequila.

Just one little thing, and this might be more important to me than you...they might not honor your reservation.

I just got back from Puerto Vallarta a couple hours ago. Where are you staying?

Let's see, shots of tequila Wednesday night, horseback riding from Mismaloya beach, up the river into the Sierra Madres (El Eden) on Thursday, went out that night for buckets of beer at the Zoo until 2:30 Friday morning, and here I am 24 hours later, back on the wall. It sucked getting back into Rochester, almost midnight and SNOW everywhere, still wearing shorts and sandals!  ;)  ;)

Feeling old? I am only 51, and no thanks!  ;)

263772[/snapback]

I might go this summer, looking at the Pueblo Rose to stay. Did you see this place at all ?

I might go this summer, looking at the Pueblo Rose to stay. Did you see this place at all ?

263789[/snapback]

No, I have only stayed at Rui Jalisco, Club Marival, (both about an hour north in Nuevo Vallarta) and this last trip at the Marina Vallarta, a 40 cent taxi ride to "Centro".

We have stayed at all inclusive resorts as a "base" because of young nieces and nephews, but if it was just my family, all adults, I would find someplace downtown.

If you want Mexico, stay close to the city. If you want beautiful resorts, a bit more "americanized", go to Nuevo Vallarta.

Where exactly is Pueblo Rose? I may know the area.

Um, you know that summer is the rainy season right? :angry: