Let's be objective

I feel like the only reason to believe the Bills will do any better than last year is if you're a big time optimist. But that's definitely not a bad thing. It's a new system again and a new secondary all together. The offense will go as far as Tyrod can take them, and he hasn't shown much evidence that he will be any better this year

man if we can get this defense back into top ten form this team could be really good.

To me that is the single biggest thing that is truly being missed

When this team was trying to find its identity it was NEVER the idea of being a high scoring team (it just ended up that way) it was supposed to be suffocating defense, dont lose games, dont turn the ball over.....that was what was being shot for

Then Rex Ryan happened.

If this team can get back to even 10th over all in defensive effeciency....this offense is good enough

To me that is the single biggest thing that is truly being missed

When this team was trying to find its identity it was NEVER the idea of being a high scoring team (it just ended up that way) it was supposed to be suffocating defense, dont lose games, dont turn the ball over.....that was what was being shot for

Then Rex Ryan happened.

If this team can get back to even 10th over all in defensive effeciency....this offense is good enough

Who knows if this offense is good enough? We lost our best WR and our QB is playing in a different system. We can mostly guarantee that Shady will be good enough offense, that's about it.

Edited by jmc12290

I will be shocked if Zay Jones outproduces Woods.

There, I said it.

I hope ur wrong. The lack of targets they been given Z in PS isnt encouraging tho. Hope he starts getting open or thrown at

The problem in 2016 was not the offense or the number of games individuals missed. The offense was more than adequate for the Bills to have won at least 9 games, and likely to win 10 and possibly more. The problem was the defense, which sucked monkey balls. How many opposition RBs ran for 200+ yards against the Bills D? Ajayi ran for 200+ twice and I think at least one other RB hit that mark, too! The problem in 2016 wasn't that Taylor wasn't the proverbial franchise QB or that Watkins missed games or that McCoy missed 1, it was because the defense couldn't stop anybody! Contrary to what some here think, a franchise QB doesn't help a team much if it doesn't have a defense. See the recent records of the New Orleans Saints. :wallbash:

That's right I'm kind of amazed at all the quarterbacks everyone puts ahead of Taylor and the talent they have at wide receiver or tight end compared to such Hall of Famers like Goodwin and friends.

I will be shocked if Zay Jones outproduces Woods.

There, I said it.

51 rec for 613 yards and only 1 TD

wow, really? "shocked"??

Who knows if this offense is good enough? We lost our best WR and our QB is playing in a different system. We can mostly guarantee that Shady will be good enough offense, that's about it.

The point the OP is making is we didn't have our best WR last year either, unless you mean Justin Hunter!?

I think Buffalo going heavy into next years draft tells me they believe thier team is old at the top of the roster and not many if any young peices to build around. Sure Watkins could have been. But could have been has been the story of his career thus far. A large amount of highend youth is needed. Having 6 picks in the first 3 round helps solve that.

I disagree. TT literally just turned 28. Hes essentially enetering his prime for a QB.

Our best defender in Dareus is in the middle of his prime or just entering it.

Shaq Lawson and Ragland were just drafted last year.

Our #1 corner now was drafted this past offseason.

Our #1a or #2 WR was drafted this past offseason.

Cordy Glenn is entering his prime at 27.

Dawkins on the OL is a rookie. Henderson is still young too.

We have a good mixture of youth and experience at critial positions all over the roster.