Here is my issue. Sammy was a definite talent that appeared

Cherrybone

and so does every single team in the league.

And the other teams thats done it do it strategically ala the Patriots. They allow talent to walk because theyre getting prepared to address a different issue, The Bills let players walk because egos, scheme fit, or always determining this player isnt worh it or that player isnt worth it. Nothing strategic at all. Buffalo is starting to be the place where you finish out your rookie contract and you get out asap.

And the other teams thats done it do it strategically ala the Patriots. They allow talent to walk because theyre getting prepared to address a different issue, The Bills let players walk because egos, scheme fit, or always determining this player isnt worh it or that player isnt worth it. Nothing strategic at all. Buffalo is starting to be the place where you finish out your rookie contract and you get out asap.

Every team in the league looses players. To cuts. Trades. And free agency. I'm done arguing with you. I think your an idiot.

Every team in the league looses players. To cuts. Trades. And free agency. I'm done arguing with you. I think your an idiot.

So you insult me because my opinion differ from yours? I thought thats what this board is about, epxressing your opinions and debating about the Buffalo Bills. However its cool. You have a blessed day.

Although there has been a lot of player turnover of drafted players, there have only been a few that you can say made the moves regrettable. The most obvious, and similarity to this Watkins trade, was Marshawn Lynch. After using a 1st round pick on him, he was traded after a couple of seasons for low round picks We then had to watch him have multiple seasons of 1000+ yards and 10+ TDs and helped lead Seattle to two Super Bowls. I hope history doesn't repeat itself.

So you insult me because my opinion differ from yours? I thought thats what this board is about, epxressing your opinions and debating about the Buffalo Bills. However its cool. You have a blessed day.

now you want to argue that I'm insulting you because you have a different opinion than mine? No. I'm insulting you because I think your an idiot. It's that simple.

now you want to argue that I'm insulting you because you have a different opinion than mine? No. I'm insulting you because I think your an idiot. It's that simple.

Cool. Do you know me or ever met me to feel im an idiot? Also i would never trade insults over a message board. But if that floats your boat continue to feel great.

Cool. Do you know me or ever met me to feel im an idiot? Also i would never trade insults over a message board. But if that floats your boat continue to feel great.

no. Hope I never do. I doubt I'd like you outside of here either.

Frankly i dont know who is right on this...w.e are gonna have to watch it play out

I am upset Sammy is gone.....I understand WHY he is gone but I still dont like it.

but....I get attached to players

Exactly where I am at. Like breaking up with a girlfriend. My brain understands it, but it will hurt like hell watching him in a Rams uniform.

Time will heal it. Hopefully it ends up working out for the best for Sammy and the Bills.

I'll grant that the Falcons should have won the super bowl last year, but how many teams have won the super bowl paying a top receiver?

The Broncos did it having just paid Demariyus $14mil but I can't think of another one in recent years.

Point is, Sammy is a stellar talent but he probably isn't going to win us the championship on his own. We aren't delusional about what this team is capable of this year even if there was some hope we were going to surprise the NFL this year.

I think one of Whaley's philosophies still holds true. You pay your QB, LT and one playmaker on offense. We paid our QB, LT and playmaker in Shady. This offense belongs to Shady.

But why let him walk at the end of the season. Could have kept him through 2018 for not a crazy amount of money. If he earned the big $$ in that amount of time I would want my team to keep the player. It's a potential top WR, not a random Cornerback

Because they determined he wasn't worth the cost. As things stand at the moment, picking up Sammy's 5th year option would have tied Mike Evans for 2nd highest paid WR in 2018. Time, the amount of $ he gets from the Rams, and how he performs on the field will determine if it was the right move. I have a feeling it was.