Astro-Notes: 7-28-17 Second Practice

Kyle Williams talks about Dareus on Murph show

“I’ve been here 24 hours and this has been his [Dareus] best 24 hours here,” said Williams. “All of it [mentally and physically]. Now listen. There’s tomorrow, and that’s true for all of us. But, right now, I like where he’s at.”
Williams stated that he thinks Dareus has exemplified through his actions that he’s ready to compete at training camp this year. Williams believes Dareus could be reaching a new level of maturity and better understanding of the effort needed to succeed in the NFL.

Rastro, any news on Ragland?

Reggie was running with the 2's the 1st two practices. I thought he looked faster than what his 40 was. It seemed like he was having a bit of trouble reading and re-acting, but my view was not the best.

I'm all about the D-line this year and love the reports on Shaq Lawson, but I would pump the breaks a little bit for 2 reasons, one - they are not in pads and 2 I think (I could be wrong) most of his snaps were going against Jordan Mills - not the best competition to gauge against.

Kyle Williams talks about Dareus on Murph show

“I’ve been here 24 hours and this has been his [Dareus] best 24 hours here,” said Williams. “All of it [mentally and physically]. Now listen. There’s tomorrow, and that’s true for all of us. But, right now, I like where he’s at.”
Williams stated that he thinks Dareus has exemplified through his actions that he’s ready to compete at training camp this year. Williams believes Dareus could be reaching a new level of maturity and better understanding of the effort needed to succeed in the NFL.

Encouraging news. We need Dareus to be at his best this year.