Is it okay for us to have a prediction pool?

I realize this is all in fun and all but 25 bucks is a small drop in the hat, not really hurting the downers too much in the pocket. funny you made this thread though as I think it was yesterday I saw one of the downers claim they go 4-12. I thought to myself, I'd like to bet 500 to even a 1000 that they win more than 4 games. I'm sure losing 500-1000 may or may not hurt someone in the pocket, but it would be worth seeing them lose it.

I want to keep the entry bar low.

I realize this is all in fun and all but 25 bucks is a small drop in the hat, not really hurting the downers too much in the pocket. funny you made this thread though as I think it was yesterday I saw one of the downers claim they go 4-12. I thought to myself, I'd like to bet 500 to even a 1000 that they win more than 4 games. I'm sure losing 500-1000 may or may not hurt someone in the pocket, but it would be worth seeing them lose it.

Anyone making a sizeable bet like that is going to want the appropriate odds. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by saying someone a wild prediction should lose money because the overwhelming odds are that they are wrong. The odds are against anyone picking an exact win total, whether it's 2,4,6, or 10. You said 10-6 right? Do you want to bet 2,000 bucks that the Bills win exactly

10 games? Heck no, no one does.

I want to keep the entry bar low.

I understand. like I said, all in fun. I may get in on this. I'd be curious of how much you get in return, if you win, when split by the number of those who entered the correct number of wins?

25x20

25 bucks a piece?

is that correct?

not a math scholar

I understand. like I said, all in fun. I may get in on this. I'd be curious of how much you get in return, if you win, when split by the number of those who entered the correct number of wins?

25x20

25 bucks a piece?

is that correct?

not a math scholar

Say 20 enter. The pool is $500. Four people pick 6 wins and are correct. Each gets $125.

You just made me realize something. It's possible to have so many guesses on one number that you could win and end up getting less than $25 back, which would suck. Not sure what to do about that.

Say 20 enter. The pool is $500. Four people pick 6 wins and are correct. Each gets $125.

You just made me realize something. It's possible to have so many guesses on one number that you could win and end up getting less than $25 back, which would suck. Not sure what to do about that.

That's only possible if you're charging transaction fees.

Anyone making a sizeable bet like that is going to want the appropriate odds. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by saying someone a wild prediction should lose money because the overwhelming odds are that they are wrong. The odds are against anyone picking an exact win total, whether it's 2,4,6, or 10. You said 10-6 right? Do you want to bet 2,000 bucks that the Bills win exactly

10 games? Heck no, no one does.

point taken. I guess you can tell I'm not a vegas betting man.

regardless of the technicalities you speak of, playing along with this game here, which I think is pretty cool, they win more than 4 games.

I know, I know, put your money where your mouth is. kind of what promo is got going on here I believe.

why I asked. I thought the same thing.

I'll go on record for 5-11, but i'm not in on the pool. Seems like a logistical nightmare.

If I "hit", I'll pat myself on the back and say "there's always next year!".

If I'm wrong, I'll donate $50 each to both Community Mission Niagara Falls, and Food Bank of WNY, and post proof.

Any prop bets available ?

Can I get 40-1 on Peterman starting by week 13 ?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/194880-is-it-okay-for-us-to-have-a-prediction-pool/?p=4441766

I'll go on record for 5-11, but i'm not in on the pool. Seems like a logistical nightmare.

If I "hit", I'll pat myself on the back and say "there's always next year!".

If I'm wrong, I'll donate $50 each to both Community Mission Niagara Falls, and Food Bank of WNY, and post proof.

How is it a logistical nightmare?

If 20 people enter at $25 a piece and all of them pick 11 wins and they are correct then they'd all get their money back. The real question is what happens to the money if nobody is correct?

You're right. Brain fart on my part.