Article on why 2017 passing game can make giant leap forward

So he goes from Cardale Jones (Cardale Jones Cardale Jones) to talking about Ohio state to gushing on about how he played the game to talking about the Miami Hurricanes as though he was on the team to... well, geez, I don't know where he's going to go next. But this might be the best hijacking of a thread that I've ever seen.

Noogie, simple question for you, what does Taylor need to do to win your affection?

Edited by transplantbillsfan

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were are gonna see on the inability to process information.

I think it was a matter of teams just afraid to go after him and leave a hole exposed.....Tyrod Taylor is special in that if you do that he could literally run for a score.....so teams didnt go after him all out....they sat back and waited (so Tyrod waited)

That is my story and im sticking to it until I see something different this year.

...agree John.....forget the stat rats......forget the shoulda coulda woulda gang....forget the "he sucks...he's a franchise QB" gang as well....the past has passed and does not mean jack IMO.....2017 is a clean slate with Dennison at the offensive helm so let's see what happens......think the kid knows this is his "make it or break year" IMO.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Tough division, new coach, no QB. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

He was basically our 2nd best player last year. We had a lot of talented players under-perform.

Diss Simien but praise Taylor ? Interesting, they are pretty much the same no ?

400 more yards passing in 1 less game for simdog, more rushing yards for Taylor.

...agree John.....forget the stat rats......forget the shoulda coulda woulda gang....forget the "he sucks...he's a franchise QB" gang as well....the past has passed and does not mean jack IMO.....2017 is a clean slate with Dennison at the offensive helm so let's see what happens......think the kid knows this is his "make it or break year" IMO.....

Amen. Do or Die season on deck.

So he goes from Cardale Jones (Cardale Jones Cardale Jones) to talking about Ohio state to gushing on about how he played the game to talking about the Miami Hurricanes as though he was on the team to... well, geez, I don't know where he's going to go next. But this might be the best hijacking of a thread that I've ever seen.

Noogie, simple question for you, what does Taylor need to do to win your affection?

He needs to make better decisions when the game is on the line. Extend drives. Hit wide open receivers, quicker release. Stay in the pocket. Make plays in the clutch. put the team on his shoulders when the team is playing not so good.make the difference when it counts. Have urgency when your team is down. Instead of looking nervous. None of this had happened in two years starting specially with winnable games on the line. That's what I need from him.

I have been Bills fan all my life. I played this game. I've followed the NFL and College for a long time. Grew up in Miami, FL. Watching the U, Gators,and the Seminoles. I've been around the best programs in the country. I remember when the U's back ups blew teams away. When it fell and Butch Davis went out and recruited and coached 28 first round draft picks that won the national championship. There for I know what Talent is and TT would have never played at any of these schools as a QB. He is an athlete but just not a QB.

How can you call yourself a Bills fan when you are legitimately rooting for the Bills QB to fail, just so you can say "I told you so"?

Bills fans root for their team to succeed, not fail.

You think Cardale Jones gives the Bills a better shot to win this season than Tyrod, yet you're trying to school us? GTF outta here man.

If the coaches and GM actually thought that Cardale gave the team a better chance to win, there is absolutely no way that he would have been dropped to 4th on the depth chart. He couldn't even hold onto the 3rd string position!

Tell us again how great Jordan Mills was last season... lol

First of all I was d trying to tell dugny that I knew what Talent was since I grew up in Miami watching the U. U of F and Florida State. Tyrod wasn't the type of talent at qb. Then someone talk about Tyrod 5-1 combined against both schools. Then I came up with the facts. For even though he did beat them is he a national champ. Was he a 1-5 round pick with all that talent? And he warmed the bench for a Superbowl ring. If that answers your question.

How can you call yourself a Bills fan when you are legitimately rooting for the Bills QB to fail, just so you can say "I told you so"?

Bills fans root for their team to succeed, not fail.

You think Cardale Jones gives the Bills a better shot to win this season than Tyrod, yet you're trying to school us? GTF outta here man.

If the coaches and GM actually thought that Cardale gave the team a better chance to win, there is absolutely no way that he would have been dropped to 4th on the depth chart. He couldn't even hold onto the 3rd string position!

Tell us again how great Jordan Mills was last season... lol

Yes, that is true they did bench him. Now the year he came out supposedly the same team was there playing - Cardale right? Did they win a championship? When he played he won and they won. Now were the guys in front of him better? Did they get drafted to play QB? That's right suplament draft. With three games he got drafted 4th round. Tyrod and the rook played more and where did they get drafted? Answer me now because I wanna hear this......

I guess you think Philip Rivers and Drew Brees suck also?

For the love of Christ .. do you read anything before you respond to it? I said the TEAM sucked. I didn't lay it all on Tyrod, but he was part of the sucktitude.

And no ... Rivers and Brees don't suck. But their TEAMS did. And yes .. they played poorly at times.

But I'm certain you're not comparing Tyrod Taylor to Drew Brees and Philip Rivers. That would be pretty silly.

He needs to make better decisions when the game is on the line. Extend drives. Hit wide open receivers, quicker release. Stay in the pocket. Make plays in the clutch. put the team on his shoulders when the team is playing not so good.make the difference when it counts. Have urgency when your team is down. Instead of looking nervous. None of this had happened in two years starting specially with winnable games on the line. That's what I need from him.

This doesn't tell me much. He does all of those things. I could point to multiple plays for every one of your criteria that you set forth. My guess is you're going to say she doesn't do it enough. That's the easy way out for a lot of you. It's the old "eye test" thing.

How often does he need to do these things, 100% of the time? 75% of the time? 50% of the time?

If you truly believe that even the greatest quarterbacks of all time do those things 100% of the time let's just end this conversation because it's ridiculous belief.

So, instead, give me your tangible criteria that we can see and somehow quantify that will get you behind the Buffalo Bills starting quarterback for 2018 QB if he continues with that job.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

This doesn't tell me much. He does all of those things. I could point to multiple plays for every one of your criteria that you set forth. My guess is you're going to say she doesn't do it enough. That's the easy way out for a lot of you. It's the old "eye test" thing.

How often does he need to do these things, 100% of the time? 75% of the time? 50% of the time?

If you truly believe that even the greatest quarterbacks of all time do those things 100% of the time let's just end this conversation because it's ridiculous belief.

So, instead, give me your tangible criteria that we can see and somehow quantify that will get you behind the Buffalo Bills starting quarterback for 2018 QB if he continues with that job.

First of all I was d trying to tell dugny that I knew what Talent was since I grew up in Miami watching the U. U of F and Florida State. Tyrod wasn't the type of talent at qb. Then someone talk about Tyrod 5-1 combined against both schools. Then I came up with the facts. For even though he did beat them is he a national champ. Was he a 1-5 round pick with all that talent? And he warmed the bench for a Superbowl ring. If that answers your question.

Ummm... what?

I did, read.

Are you referring to this sir?

I didnt mean how would you fix Tyrod Taylor (as if that was even possible) Im talking about fixing the qb position period

Yes, that is true they did bench him. Now the year he came out supposedly the same team was there playing - Cardale right? Did they win a championship? When he played he won and they won. Now were the guys in front of him better? Did they get drafted to play QB? That's right suplament draft. With three games he got drafted 4th round. Tyrod and the rook played more and where did they get drafted? Answer me now because I wanna hear this......

Huh?!

Was he a 1-5 round pick? Lmao. What is the difference between the success rate of a QB drafted in the 4th-5th round and one drafted in the 6th round? Why draw some arbitrary line at the 5th round, when the success rate of a 5th round pick compared to a 6th round pick is no different? How silly.

Cardale was drafted with a comp 4th round pick, which is technically the 5th round because they are given to teams after that current round is over.

You have not shown at all that you know talent. You thought Jordan Mills played great last year. You think Cardale Jones is better than Tyrod (and that's only 2 of your many terrible football takes). That shows that you have no idea how to evaluate football. If you want someone to actually take your supposed football knowledge seriously, you have to first show that you actually possess some football knowledge. Until then you're just talking out your ass dude.

Ok, I have a question for you - if Tyrod is as terrible a QB as you say he is, how come your boy Cardale has not been able to beat him out for the starting job? If Cardale is so much better, shouldn't he easily take the starting job from Tyrod? Cardale must be pretty terrible himself if he can't beat out the terrible Tyrod, no?

Why did Cardale get benched in college if he's so great? Why was the starting job taken away from him? Tyrod never lost his starting job in college...

For the love of Christ .. do you read anything before you respond to it? I said the TEAM sucked. I didn't lay it all on Tyrod, but he was part of the sucktitude.

And no ... Rivers and Brees don't suck. But their TEAMS did. And yes .. they played poorly at times.

But I'm certain you're not comparing Tyrod Taylor to Drew Brees and Philip Rivers. That would be pretty silly.

I read it. Is this one of those random tangent posts complaining in general about how the team needs to win before you can say anything at all about it?

You made that comment in a thread about Taylor. And it was after some discussion about stats regarding Taylor. Sure seemed like you were upset about people bringing in stats and you wanted to bring your own two eyes into play.

Yes, I read your post. Maybe you just needed to vent. But it was at best a tangent to the topic being discussed. Or at worst, It was a horrible conclusion about QBs and wins. I'm sorry for thinking the worst of you. Clearly I was misguided and should have just realize you needed to vent about the team the way so many Bills fans need to.