Stop with "Schedule is Hard"--Analytics says it BS

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the Miami game count as a shootout/being able to pass the ball when needed?

In a loss?

what he said.

They need to be able to WIN.

OK, you mentioned the Miami game. Any more?

Some might say that one game a season is a fluke.

Lol. Yes a loss in a game that could've gone either way if not for some questionable calls(reverse to Reggie) and a missed chip shot FG.

I'm not really sure what he means to begin with. Nothing changes until we win a shootout? What does that even mean?

It means the Bill will continue to suck forever.

Lol. Yes a loss in a game that could've gone either way if not for some questionable calls(reverse to Reggie) and a missed chip shot FG.

I'm not really sure what he means to begin with. Nothing changes until we win a shootout? What does that even mean?

I was just busting balls.

I think what he meant was we need to be able to successfully pass the ball when the defense knows it's coming. I think OCs of the past couple years have been hesitant to let Tyrod pass on what would be a passing down for at least 29 other teams. That's just my interpretation.

*** EDIT - Or he could just mean that the Bills will suck forever.

*** EDIT 2 - It wasn't a fluke. Tyrod actually had two good games (SEA) last year.

Edited by Gugny

w/o a talented passer the drought continues.

It's not that difficult to understand.

How's this as an alternate -

Until the Bills offense proves it can win against playoff caliber teams nothing will change.

or this

Until the Bills offense proves it can overcome a middling to bad defense nothing will change.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

https://www.buffalor...n-metric-stupid

"The correlation coefficient between a team’s preseason strength of schedule and their eventual winning percentage is -0.0861. If you want mathematical proof that the slate for a team going into a season has almost nothing to do with how the season will turn out, well, there you go."

Meaning there is absolutely NO---let me say that again for all thsoe "off season schedule readers" out there---NO!!! correlation to a "tough" schedule before the season starts to a tough schedule when the season is playing out.

In fact, if anything, it shows there might be a correlation to it being the OPPOSITE----teams with alledgedly hard schedules end up with easier schedules than thought, and vise versa

So let's stop talking about the how "tough" the schedule looks because as I have been saying for years, it's BS, and analytics just proved it.

You are literally using analytics to disprove analysis

The schedule is hard when you play NE twice

A talented passer is the easiest path to the playoffs I agree.

It's not exactly easy to accomplish. They aren't a dime a dozen. They should keep drafting QBs until they have a stud.

However, It's not the only way to win in this league as many on here seem to think.

It is possible to be a good team with all 3 units of the game contributing you know? Not just the QB carrying the team.

Tyrods a decent player. He isn't going to carry a team, but you can win with him as your QB.

Agreed its not, but

Agreed

Agreed its not, but it has better odds.

Agreed

Agreed

I was just busting balls.

I think what he meant was we need to be able to successfully pass the ball when the defense knows it's coming. I think OCs of the past couple years have been hesitant to let Tyrod pass on what would be a passing down for at least 29 other teams. That's just my interpretation.

*** EDIT - Or he could just mean that the Bills will suck forever.

*** EDIT 2 - It wasn't a fluke. Tyrod actually had two good games (SEA) last year.

2 games out of 6 losses (JETS #2 doesn't count)

Give me 3 of 6 or 4 of 6 and I'd feel much better.

I think Miami is due for a down year. Teams will be focused on Ajayi and they'll have to play all the other #2 teams in the AFC.

I doubt Ajayi gets 200 yards twice against Buffalo again, which Miami needed just to get past them both times.

Agreed its not, but

Agreed

Agreed its not, but it has better odds.

Agreed

Agreed

2 games out of 6 losses (JETS #2 doesn't count)

Give me 3 of 6 or 4 of 6 and I'd feel much better.

The sooner you embrace Tyrod as your starter, the better off you're going to be.

You assumed poorly Gug. Please don't be a jm2009. I can embrace TT.

My doing so won't make him any better. Only he can make himself better.

Two Pro Bowls. Voted the most mobile QB in football. And he doesn't turn the ball over. How much better do you want him to be???

Two Pro Bowls. Voted the most mobile QB in football. And he doesn't turn the ball over. How much better do you want him to be???

Read what Scott posted. It's all there.

I want a reliable QB who can read the field, get off quick passes, and pass with anticipation. Things TT has yet to prove he can do.

It's been proven many more times than not that - if you can stop the Bills run game you can defeat the Bills.

Where was the shootout in the 2nd half of the Raiders game? Or a shootout in the real NE game?

In order to succeed we need a QB that can carry the team.

I embrace TT in 2017. After that we'll see

And FWIW, the Pro Bowl is but a shadow of what is was meant to represent.

Read what Scott posted. It's all there.

I want a reliable QB who can read the field, get off quick passes, and pass with anticipation. Things TT has yet to prove he can do.

It's been proven many more times than not that - if you can stop the Bills run game you can defeat the Bills.

Where was the shootout in the 2nd half of the Raiders game? Or a shootout in the real NE game?

In order to succeed we need a QB that can carry the team.

I embrace TT in 2017. After that we'll see

And FWIW, the Pro Bowl is but a shadow of what is was meant to represent.

If it wasn't for the defense, he'd be able to do all of these things!!

If it wasn't for the defense, he'd be able to do all of these things!!

And there lies the problem of those who wish not to grasp what is.

What's the excuse for bad defense for the Raiders? Falcon's? Packers? Dolphins? or Chiefs?

All of those *Playoff* teams have a Defense rated lower then the Bills @ 19.

Defenses also ranked lower than the Bills

Tennessee (9-7)

Tampa (9-7)

The common denominator is ?????

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

What's the excuse for bad defense for the Raiders? Falcon's? Packers? Dolphins? or Chiefs?

Tennessee (9-7)

Tampa (9-7)

So tell me, did Tyrod Taylor give up almost 1,000 rushing yards in 3 games against Miami and Pittsburgh?

So tell me, did Tyrod Taylor keep the Bills offense on the field long enough to keep the other teams offense off of the field?

Look this up, Miami (maybe another team) had in years past rushed for 200 yards against the Bills yet the Bills won the game.

Does playing it safe guarantee wins?

No it doesn't

Not much else to say.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

So tell me, did Tyrod Taylor keep the Bills offense on the field long enough to keep the other teams offense off of the field?

Look this up, Miami (maybe another team) had in years past rushed for 200 yards against the Bills yet the Bills won the game.

No it doesn't

Not much else to say.

Tyrod Taylor led a quick-strike offense. It's not his fault that the defense couldn't hold up their end of the bargain.

Tennessee (9-7)

Tampa (9-7)

Those teams were in the top 5 in turnover diff.... They either dont turn it over much - GB, or ATL - Or have a huge number of takeaways - KC and OAK.

Miami... i dunno luck? They were bad by like every metric. Jets, Rams, Chargers, 49ers... they probably should have lost all of those games.

Buffalo wasn't great in turnover diff because we didn't take the ball away very much.

No it doesn't

Not much else to say.

Running the ball is important. It keeps the chains moving, sets up play action, and is a classic, beat the man in front of you scenario.

Edited by dneveu

No it doesn't

Not much else to say.

The Bills were 18th in the NFL in TOP/Drive (2:43). Ahead of the Seahwaks, Giants, Raiders and Dolphins (1/3 of the Playoff Teams).

Patriots* - 2:51

Chiefs - 2:51

Steelers - 2:48

Texans - 2:50

Raiders - 2:40

Dolphins - 2:30

Cowboys - 3:03

Packers - 2:58

Falcons - 2:54

Seahawks - 2:39

Giants - 2:26

Lions - 3:10

The Bills were 18th in the NFL in TOP/Drive (2:43). Ahead of the Seahwaks, Giants, Raiders and Dolphins (1/3 of the Playoff Teams).

Patriots* - 2:51

Chiefs - 2:51

Steelers - 2:48

Texans - 2:50

Raiders - 2:40

Dolphins - 2:30

Cowboys - 3:03

Packers - 2:58

Falcons - 2:54

Seahawks - 2:39

Giants - 2:26

Lions - 3:10

You can't have two units that have multiple melt-down games and expect to be in the playoffs. We were 0-5 when we had a bad game running the ball (sub 100 yards) - that should be a major concern for Tyrod. He needs to be better in games when we can't run. There is no denying that fact.

We were also 0-3 when we gave up 200+ rushing (big surprise. We also had 7 weeks with no takeaways. Lost 5 of those, and the 2 wins were against JAX and CLE. 4-8 when we had 1 or fewer takeaway.