Shady wants to catch more balls in Dennison offense

I want Shady to get more touches - both more rushing attempts and more catches. He tends to do good things when the the ball comes to him.

Then again, too many touches and we'll wear him down and/or hurt him.

Edited by hondo in seattle

I'm definitely in favor of this.

McCoy is a good receiver.

I think he is a playmaker. be sweet to get him moving before he touches the ball. He still has nice burst after vision. And those stutter steps should juke a few players trying to catch him.

Hope they do the same with Sammy,

Let JK and Tolbert Mike grind it downhill

If he appeared a viable run/catch threat in the new offense the Bills will have more chances to find the one on one matchups.

And

I want Shady to get more touches - both more rushing attempts and more catches. He tends to do good things when the the ball comes to him.

Then again, too many touches and we'll wear him down and/or hurt him.

you sound emotionally torn hondo ?

Pretty sure it was Stevie Johnson with Fitz (82, 76 and 79 catches with over 1000 yards in 2010-2012) and the two of them just appeared to have good chemistry and Fitz seemed to understand where Stevie would find space, It is amazing that when a WR manages to stay healthy,even he does not work that hard on it during offseason, he is able to get a lot of catches and yards.

Really Sammy should hit those numbers even if he misses 3 or 4 games.

Since I looked at the WR targets in this offense earlier I figured I'd do the same for RB. I must say, it has varied a lot due to injuries since 2010 for the Kubiak/Dennison crew.

2010 - Arian Foster: 84 Targets, 327 Rush Attempts

2011 - Arian Foster: 72 Targets, 278 Rush Attempts

2012 - Arian Foster: 58 Targets, 351 Rush Attempts

2013 - Ben Tate: 49 Targets, 181 Rush Attempts; Arian Foster: 35 Targets, 121 Rush Attempts

2014 - Justin Forsett: 59 Targets, 235 Rush Attempts

2015 - Ronnie Hillman: 35 Targets, 207 Rush Attempts; CJ Anderson: 36 Targets, 152 Rush Attempts

2016 - Devontae Booker: 45 Targets, 174 Rush Attempts; CJ Anderson: 24 Targets, 110 Rush Attempts

McCoy:

2015 - 50 Targets, 203 Rush Attempts

2016 - 57 Targets, 234 Rush Attempts

Average - 53.5 Targets & 218.5 Runs per year

So there's a few ways we can look at this:

If we take the average of all players listed we get 71 Targets & 305 Runs per year, but there is some inherent fluff to that as you are negating injuries and factoring some backup work into the numbers. Discounting them by about 80% would give us 56.8 Targets & 244 Runs per year, which seems to be within a reasonable realm of possibility.

If we only take the player with the highest combined Targets & Runs from each year we get an average of 57.4 Targets and 250.4 Runs per year, and that factors in injures and not starting all games somewhat.

If we look at Arian Foster's numbers because he is the most comparable to Shady the averages are 62.25 Targets and 269.25 Runs per year, and that factors in Foster missing significant time in 1 year out of 4 in the system.

So, no matter which way you slice it, it would appear Shady's workload is going to increase. Let's hope he (and Sammy) have a nice healthy season.