[closed]Mr. Irrelevant

Every year, the final pick of the 7th round of the draft is deemed "Mr. Irrelevant."

I always thought that is a particularly harsh title.

Didn't see this posted anywhere else, but do you guys know who was Mr. Irrelevant this year?

The prodigal son (nephew), Chad Kelly.

Last pick in the draft. Just signed a cheap 4 year deal today. Good luck to him!

There was a very good article on Mr. Irrelevants and how they they are better off than a lot of UDFAs which is opposite which is written up about some late round picks that they have better chances because they can pick their teams.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/05/05/nfl-draft-mr-irrelevant-chad-kelly-chandler-harnish-ryan-succop-justice-cunningham-kalan-reed

In addition the NFL has implemented a rule that the 2nd last team to pick in a draft cannot pass to allow them to pick Mr. Irrelevant.

There was a very good article on Mr. Irrelevants and how they they are better off than a lot of UDFAs which is opposite which is written up about some late round picks that they have better chances because they can pick their teams.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/05/05/nfl-draft-mr-irrelevant-chad-kelly-chandler-harnish-ryan-succop-justice-cunningham-kalan-reed

In addition the NFL has implemented a rule that the 2nd last team to pick in a draft cannot pass to allow them to pick Mr. Irrelevant.

Ryan Succop is by far my favourite player with the tag. It might sound like a bit of a harsh title, as the OP suggested, but the drafting of a kicker that late doesn't register on the radar for most fans without it.

I would have really liked for the Bills to draft him but for his career path this might have been best for him to be drafting to a place other than Buffalo. Would suck for us if he developed into a star.

McD also passed on Mahomes and Watson. Hope he is a good judge of QBs