with a new GM I'm at peace with waiting on a franchise QB

And he could be, but lets see first

I think Bills fans get stuck on vetting out every QB on the roster.

Peterman is a 5th Rounder. I don't think he was drafted to become a Franchise QB.

Yes, one 6th Rounder worked out from the 2000 Draft and became the GOAT.

But we've heard this over and over and over again from Brian Brohm, to Travis Brown, to Levi Brown, to Jeff Tuel. Fans ask if these backup types can ever develop into starters. Personally, I don't need to see if every QB on the roster can play. I know they can't play if they can't beat out the QB's we have.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what happens if Tyrod plays well this year and Peterson shows promise in pre season?

Bills fans always wish for a mircle. Would be incredible but how often does a mircle happen and how often does it happen to the Bills.

How about the Bills finally get a real plan to draft a top QB prospect for once?

How about the Bills doing what good teams do and go after top prospects instead of taking what's left in the draft or other teams backups?

I like many want a better shot at getting a franchise type QB and want a plan to draft one at the top of the draft where they are found.

We all wish for a mircle but after so many years many including myself see miracles just don't happen enough and when you don't increase your odds at landing a franchise type you will never ever find one.

Hey Im in hopes one of these QBs turn to gold but sadly I have been around the Bills long enough to see the same old OBD. No koolaid for me I'm at the liquor store drinking the hard stuff forgetting the 17 years of mircles that never happened. Wake me up when that mircle happens or a top prospect is drafted.

Literally there was chunk of Bills fans asking that the Bills pour resources into Jeff Tuel.

Talking about how well he played against the KC Chiefs.

It was amazing to me.

i don't know if i'd say there was a chunk. there were 3-4 guys on the bbmb that were completely delusional about tuel for some reason, and just wouldn't let him go. we've had that for a number of the qbs you mentioned, but usually it's a very small minority.

Bills fans always wish for a mircle. Would be incredible but how often does a mircle happen and how often does it happen to the Bills.

How about the Bills finally get a real plan to draft a top QB prospect for once?

How about the Bills doing what good teams do and go after top prospects instead of taking what's left in the draft or other teams backups?

I like many want a better shot at getting a franchise type QB and want a plan to draft one at the top of the draft where they are found.

We all wish for a mircle but after so many years many including myself see miracles just don't happen enough and when you don't increase your odds at landing a franchise type you will never ever find one.

Hey Im in hopes one of these QBs turn to gold but sadly I have been around the Bills long enough to see the same old OBD. No koolaid for me I'm at the liquor store drinking the hard stuff forgetting the 17 years of mircles that never happened. Wake me up when that mircle happens or a top prospect is drafted.

do you wake up in the middle of the night, drenched in sweat, screaming about a franchise qb?

3 years and 2 games in 2010 given to Trent Edwards, 3 more years spent on Ryan Fitzpatrick, going on our 3rd year with Baltimore's former backup.

That's 9 years of the 17 year drought spent on backup calber QBs over multiple coaching staffs.

The same excuses about offensive line, injuries, not enough weapons, poor Coaching, not a scheme fit.

in other words, if the bills do what you want, everything will be ok, and if they don't, they'll be fired in 2 years?

Really Teef, the history of the Bills the last 17 years, don't need to look far to see it's not me that wants anything it's just what happens at OBD, over and over and over and over..repeat 17 years

I think Bills fans get stuck on vetting out every QB on the roster.

Peterman is a 5th Rounder. I don't think he was drafted to become a Franchise QB.

Yes, one 6th Rounder worked out from the 2000 Draft and became the GOAT.

But we've heard this over and over and over again from Brian Brohm, to Travis Brown, to Levi Brown, to Jeff Tuel. Fans ask if these backup types can ever develop into starters. Personally, I don't need to see if every QB on the roster can play. I know they can't play if they can't beat out the QB's we have.

And we have Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, and on and on and on as failures in the first round. So, we will spend at least two 1st next year to HOPE one of these guys is a franchise QB for us coming out next year.

What I don't understand is Doug Whaley's thought process.

This Draft, as was the case in 2013, he set up the Draft board. Pegula said at the firing Press Conference that Doug set up the whole thing.

Now how could anyone come to the conclusion after scouting, that EJ Manuel was worth drafting in the first round, but that Watson and Mahomes were not as highly rated?

How in the Earth do you watch college football and conclude EJ was a better prospect than Desean Watson? EJ has two inches more of height?

Also, if the Bills don't scout Juniors until they declare, they really already have a file on Rosen, Darnold and Allen???

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

Really Teef, the history of the Bills the last 17 years, don't need to look far to see it's not me that wants anything it's just what happens at OBD, over and over and over and over..repeat 17 years

i hear ya. we're just captive fans at this point. i don't disagree with you about a qb either. the bills do need to really make a strong attempt to find their guy, but i just hope they don't take a qb for the sake of taking one. that's what left us with ej. there's always a chance that any qb could bust, but if they identify a guy they like, go after him. i have a feeling that they just didn't feel too strongly about any of the qbs this year. not many seemed to. we'll have to see.

3 years and 2 games in 2010 given to Trent Edwards, 3 more years spent on Ryan Fitzpatrick, going on our 3rd year with Baltimore's former backup.

That's 9 years of the 17 year drought spent on backup calber QBs over multiple coaching staffs.

The same excuses about offensive line, injuries, not enough weapons, poor Coaching, not a scheme fit.

Trent was a QB not good enough just like Fitz, right on man backup talent being propped up over and over again. It was proven when both players did nothing after the Bills just like what many feel will happen again with our current QBs. Same old excuses year after year but yet we still have the same fans wishing on a mircle then ready to blame everyone else.

I want more like many do, draft better talent at QB and increase the odds at having a better talent at QB. If only my racecar could win with this 4 cylinder while everyone else has a V8.

i hear ya. we're just captive fans at this point. i don't disagree with you about a qb either. the bills do need to really make a strong attempt to find their guy, but i just hope they don't take a qb for the sake of taking one. that's what left us with ej. there's always a chance that any qb could bust, but if they identify a guy they like, go after him. i have a feeling that they just didn't feel too strongly about any of the qbs this year. not many seemed to. we'll have to see.

After so many years of waiting I really don't care, take one dammit, try for once

I wish they would just take one.

We know that corners and WRs and OTs don't get you to the Playoffs.

I mean if they valued Draft picks so much, then why blow 3 picks trying to trade up?

And we have Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, and on and on and on as failures in the first round. So, we will spend at least two 1st next year to HOPE one of these guys is a franchise QB for us coming out next year.

The stat is something like 50% of the QBs picked in the top 3 end up as franchise guys. It's about 5 times higher than the rest of the first few rounds. There are busts, of course but you are more likely to land a QB early than in the 5th round. The numbers support this.

We can't keep giving 3 years to any backup that comes along because we are scared of Ryan Leaf (1998) and Russell (2007). Because that's what the Bills do across multiple regimes and Coaching staffs.

Remember, Kyle Orton was the plan until he retired after 2014.

So the Bills tend to get stuck on these backup types for years.

I wish they would just take one.

We know that corners and WRs and OTs don't get you to the Playoffs.

I mean if they valued Draft picks so much, then why blow 3 picks trying to trade up?

again, i completely understand the need, but i don't love the "just take one" concept.

taylor give the bills a tiny bit of play while waiting, but although i didn't know much about the qbs coming out this year, i feel more than ok they didn't pull the trigger on one.

What I do with Tom Brady in my sleep is my business, pal.

it's tough to keep your hands off that man candy!

I just want to be able to focus on THIS season and see how the team does.

It's the off season, I'm with you man I'll put my big boy pants on when the season starts and go to the games with hope in my eyes but right now I'm in the WTH mode of why of why can't my Bills ever get a big talent at QB the most important position in football.

What I don't understand is Doug Whaley's thought process.

This Draft, as was the case in 2013, he set up the Draft board. Pegula said at the firing Press Conference that Doug set up the whole thing.

Now how could anyone come to the conclusion after scouting, that EJ Manuel was worth drafting in the first round, but that Watson and Mahomes were not as highly rated?

How in the Earth do you watch college football and conclude EJ was a better prospect than Desean Watson? EJ has two inches more of height?

Also, if the Bills don't scout Juniors until they declare, they really already have a file on Rosen, Darnold and Allen???

You typically don't compare prospects across years. The fact is that the 2013 draft class as a whole was pretty bad. Look at the 1st round, outside of Deandre Hopkins there really aren't any studs unless you want to count Sheldon Richardson and his off-field issues.