[closed]Pegs Just Got A Mulligan For 2017

Rico

Yeah, McD already had one for his rookie year and all, but the 1st major step towards a truly new era has just been taken. I predict the majority of the fanbase and local media will react positively, and that we can all look at this team in a positive light again. The only possible negative would be that it took him long enough, but that's water under the bridge, he is golden right now and for at least this year. I'm not even thinking 17 and counting anymore, this is a reset (at least for now). One word of advice to Pegs though: if you are going to retain Russ and Jimmy O, keep them buried far far away from any media or public appearance/mention, and the dogs will stay backed off.

Yeah, McD already had one for his rookie year and all, but the 1st major step towards a truly new era has just been taken. I predict the majority of the fanbase and local media will react positively, and that we can all look at this team in a positive light again. The only possible negative would be that it took him long enough, but that's water under the bridge, he is golden right now and for at least this year. I'm not even thinking 17 and counting anymore, this is a reset (at least for now). One word of advice to Pegs though: if you are going to retain Russ and Jimmy O, keep them buried far far away from any media or public appearance/mention, and the dogs will stay backed off.

One would assume this should facilitate taking out the rest of the trash. My guess is that Rusty stays, but is not involved in football ops. I would assume that Jimmy O will lose a bit of power and just is a capologist; as much as I hate some of the deals we give out; we do manage to not have a lot of dead money each year...

IMO they should have done this at the end of the season and not now, but whatever...it's done

My biggest concern is that Pegula has given way too much power to McD...a rookie HC. I just find it hard to believe he is going to be able to thrive in this environment. Head coaches who work 16 hour days and sometimes sleep in the office should leave personnel issues to the GM and his staff.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.