Sal Capaccio Bills Targets

This guy is such a tool. Listening to him on WGR55, he reminds me of the dorks in school who didn't play football but when they talked about it, they used the terminology the football players and coaches do as a means to try an pull off some level of credibility and authority. So I just listened to him say "mike," "will," "not enough butt." What a complete dweeb. Had to turn him off. Jesus dude.

You can not like Sal for whatever reason you like, but this isn't a legit criticism... Sal has actually coached football at the HS level.

It hardly makes him an expert, and it may not sound like much to you, but unless you can check that box off yourself, he is miles & miles ahead of whatever you think you know about football. Sal is a hardworking reporter with logical arguments on whatever he presents. From his days blogging in florida and breaking the Terrell Owens story, he has been a breath of fresh air and has worked for and is deserving of everything he's got.

And to translate for you, Mike is a very common term for Middle LB, Sam refers to Strongside LB, and a Will is your Weakside LB. Each requires a slightly different skillset.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy is such a tool. Listening to him on WGR55, he reminds me of the dorks in school who didn't play football but when they talked about it, they used the terminology the football players and coaches do as a means to try an pull off some level of credibility and authority. So I just listened to him say "mike," "will," "not enough butt." What a complete dweeb. Had to turn him off. Jesus dude.

A.) He was a long time HS football coach.

B.) 'Sam', 'Will', 'Mike' is common terminology for Linebacker positions.

C.) Have some cheerios or something.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

I would be willing to bet that most of the hosts on WGR55 never played football at any level. I would also be willing to bet that most of this board is in the same boat. Seems like most of the time I meet a Bills fan and ask if they played - the answer is nope - even among hard core fans and season ticket holders.

You can sometimes tell when a guy hasn't played even without asking him. They give it away in some of the things they say. WGR guys fit that model. Most have only played the game on Madden or on paper.

I would be willing to bet that most of the hosts on WGR55 never played football at any level. I would also be willing to bet that most of this board is in the same boat. Seems like most of the time I meet a Bills fan and ask if they played - the answer is nope - even among hard core fans and season ticket holders.

You can sometimes tell when a guy hasn't played even without asking him. They give it away in some of the things they say. WGR guys fit that model. Most have only played the game on Madden or on paper.

I played in high school, I also did math. I am not trying to go head to head with Stephen Hawking either.

I played in high school, I also did math. I am not trying to go head to head with Stephen Hawking either.

Ok. I don't understand the point your were trying to make. Or were you just going on record for having played football and doing whatever it was you did to math?