Can a Judge do that?

Did not know there was one here, I shall check it out!

I don't know what the percentage is of 9th Circuit cases overturned, but it really would not surprise me if it were as high as 80%.

80% of the Ninth Circuit's decisions that are heard by the Supreme Court are vacated or reversed. But only a fraction of a percent of their decisions are heard by the Supreme Court - between 0.1% and 0.2%.

So the 80% number is accurate...but wildly misleading.

YES!

Then the GOP could develop voting laws that specifically pinch minorities unlikely to vote for them, then they could block a SCOTUS candidate for an entire year to get their guy on the bench, then they could get a fringe group in the house to run the country, then they could effectively gerrymander seats to dilute democracy....add it to the list!

What would be the point since these cities/states won't bother to follow the law anyway. They don't even check ID's. Next election, California should just move to a text message voting system. 1 phone, 1 vote!

80% of the Ninth Circuit's decisions that are heard by the Supreme Court are vacated or reversed. But only a fraction of a percent of their decisions are heard by the Supreme Court - between 0.1% and 0.2%.

Law is hard for some people.

But percentages...mmmm.

In addition to that, I'd be interested in their "stack ranking" both historically, by era against themselves, and against other courts, percentages visible.

What would be the point since these cities/states won't bother to follow the law anyway. They don't even check ID's. Next election, California should just move to a text message voting system. 1 phone, 1 vote!

Does it have to be a physical phone or any text capable device or app?

Google Voice lets you pick a phone number in any area code you want. Great way to astroturf those pesky swing states.

I don't know anything about the power Judge's hold. I know they have blocked several orders from the president with the latest being sanctuary cities receiving money from the government. I have two questions, when did judge's get the power to overturn a presidents order, and why didn't any judge's block Obamacare? Obamacare seems more of a infringement on the rights of the citizens of the US. I'm asking because I really don't know.

And what kind of precedence is this sending? Will the next democrate president be blocked by right leaning judge's. I find this kind of scary!

You have a guy doing things with little or no knowledge making policy. Someone has to be able to keep him in check.

Lets not pretend this is a thing against The Donald. The man who says 100 days is a bad milestone while doing all he can to "get things done" in his first 100 days.

Most of what The Donald is doing is reversing everything he can to wipe out Obama's changes. (some say it's because he hates BO)

This man has us on the edge playing games with an unstable Lil Kim.

This man claims Putin cold be a friend.

There are only few Republicans willing to stand up to him. Bravo for them.

Does it have to be a physical phone or any text capable device or app?

Google Voice lets you pick a phone number in any area code you want. Great way to astroturf those pesky swing states.

tinder style voting. i'm down.