[closed]Why we may have to draft a QB first round

Grab either Tribusky or Watson. We are not going to be in the running for the Big 3 (Darnold, Rosen, Allen) next year. They are all going top 5.

It's most likely going to be another mediocre year. 6-10 to 8-8 at best. We could be up the creek without a paddle if we don't.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grab either Tribusky or Watson. We are not going to be in the running for the Big 3 (Darnold, Rosen, Allen) next year. They are all going top 5.

It's most likely going to be another mediocre year. 6-10 to 8-8 at best. We could be up the creek without a paddle if we don't.

that's fine, I like Faulk anyways.

If Sean McDermott doesn't get a QB this year I don't think it can happen at all next year. Bills likely to win 5-7 games this year. McDermott will be on the hot seat knowing Pegulas have cut last two hires after only 2 years. I think we will have to wait for a new GM and coach if it doesn't happen this draft.

Guest NeckBeard

If Sean McDermott doesn't get a QB this year I don't think it can happen at all next year. Bills likely to win 5-7 games this year. McDermott will be on the hot seat knowing Pegulas have cut last two hires after only 2 years. I think we will have to wait for a new GM and coach if it doesn't happen this draft.

Wait, what?! Rex was a clown, and rightly so was fired. Marrone opted out, but was not fired. When did this second HC firing take place?

Let's say we go 7-9 again. Then what do you Do? With no chance at one of those guys. Watson and Tribusky are good prospects.

If they believe they are good enough to take them at 10 then do so. You do realize opinions are all over the map in those guys? And that reaching for QBs in the first fails way more than it works?

And what do you do? Play the best guy you can.

Let's say we go 7-9 again. Then what do you Do? With no chance at one of those guys. Watson and Tribusky are good prospects.

If Bills go 7-9 two years in a row McDermott is fired.

Then we hire a new coach, new schemes. The same people will say we need to get man cover corners now that we have a different defense, thumper LB's, etc

Rinse and Repeat.

Wait, what?! Rex was a clown, and rightly so was fired. Marrone opted out, but was not fired. When did this second HC firing take place?

The last two Pegula coaches hired got 2 years.

Rex: less than 2 years

Dan Bylsma: 2 years

That's the new pattern.

Then we hire a new coach, new schemes. The same people will say we need to get man cover corners now that we have a different defense, thumper LB's, etc

Rinse and Repeat.

I think Whaley gets fired before McDermott if that is the case.

Rinse and Repeat.

Nonsense. You keep saying this as if it's true. You can say the sky is green as much as you want but it doesn't make it true.

If they believe they are good enough to take them at 10 then do so. You do realize opinions are all over the map in those guys? And that reaching for QBs in the first fails way more than it works?

And what do you do? Play the best guy you can.

Watson and Tribusky would be the best guy.

Guest NeckBeard

Rinse and Repeat.

The last two Pegula coaches hired got 2 years.

Rex: less than 2 years

Dan Bylsma: 2 years

That's the new pattern.

Oh, you'd meant across different sports and leagues. Got it.

If this happens with McD, let's hope that a new GM is hired, who in turn hires the HC. Not really keen on the dual reporting model personally.

Of course, if coaches (and maybe GMs) keep getting fired, that doesn't exactly inspire prospects to come and take a job with the Bills.

I got a better idea....

Lets draft Joshua Dobbs and let him sit behind TT for a couple of years

Dobbs is like Cardale. Watson and Tribusky are 1st round talents, any year. We are not going to get a shot at a "close to sure thing" unless we have a real bad year.

Watson and Tribusky would be the best guy.

You have no idea if that's valid. They have certainly done their due diligence on the QBs in this draft. If they think one merits the pick they'll take him. Not because people on a message board think they're decent.

There is no reason why the Bills HAVE to draft a QB in the first round this year. If they think that anyone available for them to pick in the first round will only be slightly better than Tyrod Taylor (or even equal to him) then it doesn't make any sense to draft him.

If the Bills think that someone is there for them AND they truly think that person is going to be a lot better than Tyrod (a top 10 at least, maybe a top 5 or 6 qb in the league very soon), then I think the would have no problem drafting one. But if that isn't the case, the shouldn't draft one.