Kevon Seymour's potential in McDermott scheme

I'd say in the 2nd or 3rd (just as they did in Carolina). I think you'll see someone like Quincy Wilson (2nd), Fabian Moreau (2nd), or Rasul Douglas/Shaq Griffin (R3). I could also see Chidobe Awuzie if he made it into R2 as well.

You don't think Lattimore or Humphrey in round 1?

I thought it was the Billsy thing to do to take a CB in round 1.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't think Lattimore or Humphrey in round 1?

I thought it was the Billsy thing to do to take a CB in round 1.

I don't know...they could take one of those guys, but I don't think it's likely.

Maybe they'll place a different premium on corner in Buffalo than they did in Carolina, but to me, I think it makes more sense--given the style of player that McDermott likes at corner--to wait.

Benoit with si.com was just on WGR. When CBS came up his view was they let Gilmore go because they didn't need to pay a lot for a guy that plays man coverage dincd their coverage schemes are done based. From that the conversation went to them likely drafting CBS but in later rounds because you can get zone over guys in this deep a draft.

Maybe Seymour will be a good zone coverage guy. They must see some potential there.

Seems to me what happened is you posted an obviously wrong stat about 40 times, and then Thurman showed you up with actual facts, and now you're managing to dig yourself a deeper hole. Ah but you know football better than the majority of the board, sorry to step on a true expert's toes.

I totally disagree. But that's why this place exists. His stats show that guys run fast on tracks. His stats show that those guys whom were taken with a high chance of success succeeded. They were much higher in ratings than Seymour. And still, instead of you trying to drone on with such nothingness, you didn't even attempt to add or take away to the argument. So, what prey, tell the differences of Seymour to say Jennings or huff?

he isn't quick to react. he just seems to be lead off by qbs too easily and cannot recover. he may be fast to get there but he is too far away to make all that speed worth anything.

he is marquise goodwin or tj graham for db's.

that's a snapshot of it because i'm tired but, yeah. he's just slow to move in football terms to get where he needs to be and slow to recover from his mistakes.

I feel like you're dramatically overstating your perception of Seymour. I just don't think he had enough opportunities on the first unit defense, and I don't think there is enough of a body of regular season work to make such absolute pronouncements-- especially considering the buzz he received in the preseason regarding his athleticism, and the potential that he showed. I also don't think you can say that he is only useful as a nickel, as that was the only position he was used for outside of special teams last season.

Assuming we draft a CB (safe assumption?), I believe that Seymour will be on equal footing in competition to start opposite Darby, unless maybe we end up with Lattimore. Even then, I wouldn't count him out. I think Seymour is better than you are giving him credit. But, then again, I am usually wrong about such things...

I feel like you're dramatically overstating your perception of Seymour. I just don't think he had enough opportunities on the first unit defense, and I don't think there is enough of a body of regular season work to make such absolute pronouncements-- especially considering the buzz he received in the preseason regarding his athleticism, and the potential that he showed. I also don't think you can say that he is only useful as a nickel, as that was the only position he was used for outside of special teams last season.

Assuming we draft a CB (safe assumption?), I believe that Seymour will be on equal footing in competition to start opposite Darby, unless maybe we end up with Lattimore. Even then, I wouldn't count him out. I think Seymour is better than you are giving him credit. But, then again, I am usually wrong about such things...

I see good. But I'm being glass half empty on him. You're being glass half full. We aren't much different on him I am sure.

How can anyone be comfortable with Seymour as a starter based on his body of work in either college or as a rookie?

ya can't be top three picks one will be a cb and another may also be a db of some sort would be awesome if the other was OJ

ya can't be top three picks one will be a cb and another may also be a db of some sort would be awesome if the other was OJ

people need to come to grips that we are not gonna have a veteran guy at every position....there is gonna be some youth in there

If the bills didnt think they could not deal with that we would not have cut robey colemen