What are you doing for Easter

mead107

Never been laid off or with out a job in my life. Thank god my wife of 37 yrs has a good pension, but one income is not going to cut it. My age does not help either ,finding a job. Walmart greeter ? Ha.

Have faith. I know it's difficult, but it does work out. I've seen some ugly stuff, but the worrying is usually the worst part. Then it turns out to be not so bad. Enjoy Easter and the family and later the path will appear for you.

Finish raking the yard (dead grass; not leaves), throw down the fertilizer/crabgrass preventer, clean the house; later I'll fire up the grill and throw a tuna steak on for my son and a nice sirloin for myself. Will be a great day!

Change of plans.....went to the second ever Atlanta Braves game in the new stadium. An entire complex of shops, restaurants/bars, Omni hotel and apartments going up around it. VERY cool. I don't really even like baseball, but we will be doing that much more in the future!

Ended up doing ham, leg of lamb, AI gratin potatoes, Brussels. Easter cupcakes for dessert. Not too bad, seeing as I threw it together at the last minute.

Braggart! :)

But I wish I could drop in for leftovers! :( The wife is on a health/diet kick, so my options are very limited. Fish or chicken, with roasted broccoli. Ugh.... Glad I had a hot dog and a beer at the Braves game.

Haha. Sorry about that, though sounds like you guys had a great time today!

I will say that I have been thinking of going on a break from red meat. Maybe going to try to give it up for 2 weeks (but not until I finish these leftovers!).

Yeah, it's 65 acres of fun 3 miles from my house (a $7 Uber ride) that didn't exist a month ago. I'll pass on red meat for a while for that. (Easy, since we only go that way a couple times a month.) But DO enjoy the leftovers!

The area is so cool my house will be worth a lot more before long.

Got family in town. Was telling my wife that we ought to just all go out for Easter brunch and she was horrified. She told me people don't eat out on Easter. So, I guess we are cooking.

We went for Easter Brunch. Son was in town from school and it is just us, next of kin is 500 miles away.

Brunch was @ an Indian place, and a "Champaign brunch" is always on Sunday.

I then had to go to work for 1800-0600. Wife took my son back to Iowa City, staying in Cedar Rapids tonight with my daughter... Doing something there (what I don't know?) then heading home tomorrow evening... Maybe they hit East Davenport or Le Claire, IA or find something culturally fun to do in Cedar Rapids? (Really?) They like museums, coffee and shops. I can hardly wait to see what they bring back after scouring Eastern Iowa. :blink:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Staying home

Yes I'm doing the cooking

Roast leg of lamb with olives, garlic and rosemary served with gratin potatoes and hericot vert (damn it's good to be the Chef)

No, just the two of us.

We're in the Oakland Hills too. Our place is a decent size with a nice yard and deck with a great view of The Bay, SF and the bridges. Great place. Unfortunately they built it in Oakland. :censored:

I seen on the ticker the A's had their home game rained out yesterday. 1st time they had a home rain out in three years. That is pretty remarkable.

I seen on the ticker the A's had their home game rained out yesterday. 1st time they had a home rain out in three years. That is pretty remarkable.

and that one three years ago wasn't really a rainout. It rained a couple days before the next scheduled A's home game, but they forgot to put the tarps on. It left the field unplayable when they were actually supposed to play a few days later. I recalled a few years back, watching a game and they made a comment that the A's had only been rained out an amazing small number of games. A's just tweeted me back...22 times in their 50 years in Oakland.

Edited by 707BillsFan