RIP Tom Modrak

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills have always been very collaborative but Modrak ran the show. No players were picked against his will. He assembled the board, ran the scouting meetings and was the trigger man in that room. I was in the war room for one of the 1st round picks. He took input from everyone and if someone felt passionately when they were deciding between a couple of guys that would have been taken seriously. No one was overruling him though.

Well you saw the board then, did he pick BPA or did they do a reach-around to try to plug a self-inflicted wound. :flirt:

The pick that I was in for was absolutely a self-inflicted wound

And that's where the difficulty in evaluating his work comes from.

They aren't exactly well-oiled now but it's hard to really put in perspective how bad it was when Ralph had lost it and Littman was effectively in charge and priorities were 1) finding a way to put $30M away every year to cover potential inheritance tax issues 2) tryna' win.

And that's where the difficulty in evaluating his work comes from.

They aren't exactly well-oiled now but it's hard to really put in perspective how bad it was when Ralph had lost it and Littman was effectively in charge and priorities were 1) finding a way to put $30M away every year to cover potential inheritance tax issues 2) tryna' win.

100% agree, getting Littman out of the way was really important. He was the puppet master for a long time. I know people don't like RB but him being free from Littman was a good thing for the franchise.